PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

WAC Track Championships

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

WAC Track Championships

Postby Mickey » Thu May 15, 2003 8:37 am

Paul Teinert from the football team is in 4th in the decathalon after Day 1. He should score some points and this will help because it is supposed to be real close this year. UTEP is especially tough. Also heard that Bennett released several players to compete in the sprints and jumps. I assume that one of those is Trey Griffin, 2 time Texas HS 100M champion. Rolando Humphrey is probably also competing in one of the sprints/relays. They need all points they can muster to win this.

[This message has been edited by Mickey (edited 05-15-2003).]
Mickey
All-American

Re: WAC Track Championships

Postby BUS » Thu May 15, 2003 10:35 am

It is nice to see Bennett sharing the talent with the other sports. The better our total sport program works the better the chance of SMU getting into a better conf. ( I know it not near as good as winning 9 to 12 games a year but it helps. )

Back in 82/83 ( in the day ) Michael Carter was killer at the Shot Put. I think he took silver in the next Olympics!!
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby EastStang » Thu May 15, 2003 10:54 am

Has KG left for the year or is he not risking injury now that he's under contract with the Rams.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby Mickey » Thu May 15, 2003 12:19 pm

Good question EastStang. KG scored a lot of points in the WAC championships last year and was instrmental in SMU winning the conf. I believe he placed in the 100, 200, 400 relay and long jump. Does he have any eligibility left?
Mickey
All-American

Postby EastStang » Thu May 15, 2003 12:29 pm

He participated in the indoor track season.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby giacfsp » Thu May 15, 2003 1:21 pm

He's not yet under contract, but I'd be willing to bet the Rams would squash any ideas KG might have about running track this year.

Then again, you have to be enrolled in 12 hours, I think, just to compete. So would he even be eligible?
giacfsp
Heisman

Return to Football