PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Melvin Williams

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Melvin Williams

Postby Cupcaking » Tue May 20, 2003 11:58 pm

I saw Melvin Williams doing sprints at the track the other day. He looks to be in great shape. I tried to run near him but I couldn't keep up. It's good to see that type of dedication even when team workouts aren't in session. I can't wait to see him action this upcoming season.

[This message has been edited by Cupcaking (edited 05-21-2003).]
Cupcaking
Scout Team

Re: Melvin Williams

Postby PonyTales » Wed May 21, 2003 11:59 am

I've always heard that Melvin is one of the hardest-working players on the team. He's added 40 pounds since he got to SMU, and although he probably won't add much (if any) more, he's always in great shape and can go non-stop from the first whistle to the last.
PonyTales
Heisman

Postby Nacho » Wed May 21, 2003 12:03 pm

I'm hearing great things about Stansbury too. We could have a couple of good DEs this year.
Nacho
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby The Q » Wed May 21, 2003 12:05 pm

Stansbury is going to be a freak this year -- all-WAC and a minimum of 8 sacks. And he will recover a fumble this year and run it back .... withOUT getting screwed out of a TD by the refs.
The Q
Varsity

Postby Cupcaking » Wed May 21, 2003 2:46 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PonyTales:
<B>I've always heard that Melvin is one of the hardest-working players on the team. He's added 40 pounds since he got to SMU, and although he probably won't add much (if any) more, he's always in great shape and can go non-stop from the first whistle to the last.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've heard that too. ...I talked with him before and he told me he has a very high metabolism so he has to work hard to keep his weight up (he drops weight overnight and can lose up to 5 lbs in a day if he doesn't eat alot). Hopefully he will be able to add a bit more.

[This message has been edited by Cupcaking (edited 05-21-2003).]
Cupcaking
Scout Team

Postby 91Stang » Wed May 21, 2003 3:03 pm

What can be done for a guy like that? I'm sure he's under instructions to eat everything in sight, and I bet he's up to his eyeballs in supplements and protien shakes. Is it a bad idea to try to slow his metabolism? You always hear about how really high-starch foods (potatoes, etc.) can actually slow the matabolism -- hence the bulging gut so many of us who aren't college athletes carry around with us every day. Would a re-vamped diet of high starch and carbs allow him to add more size?
HOCKEY'S BACK!
91Stang
Varsity

Postby Buddha » Wed May 21, 2003 5:21 pm

Not sure about 91's nutrition questions, but Melvin is working like a madman to get bigger. He always has. I hear that pound-for-pound, he's one of the strongest guys on the team.
Buddha
All-American

Postby dirty30samoa » Wed May 21, 2003 7:17 pm

"THE Q" IS A VERY SMART PERSON!
dirty30samoa

Return to Football