PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Changes

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Changes

Postby Nacho » Wed May 21, 2003 4:27 pm

Mizzou will fight it out with Pitt but Mizzou will win and will eventually go to the Big 10. As a result Arkansas will slide over to the Big 12. This will leave a spot for VT in the SEC. SMU will watch all this with great curiosity.

The more I think about it the more I am convinced that we will be in a regional conference or in some version of C-USA. The WAC is not a long term answer unless I don't understand the question.

[This message has been edited by Nacho (edited 05-21-2003).]
Nacho
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Changes

Postby Buddha » Wed May 21, 2003 5:19 pm

I agree on your prediction about us ending up in a regional conference or a modified CUSA offshoot.

But I have a hard time envisioning Arkansas voluntarily leaving the SEC (do you know something we don't?) The Big 12 had a good year this year, but overall, the SEC is still better, in my opinion.
Buddha
All-American

Postby Nacho » Wed May 21, 2003 5:24 pm

Just a hunch. Arkansas has no rivalries in the SEC by their fans own admission. I think they are kind of lost there.
Nacho
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Sonic » Wed May 21, 2003 6:52 pm

The Hogs are trying to establish a rivalry with Elleshoo, going as far as creating a 24 Carrot "Golden Boot" that they play for each year. But it is having a hard time sticking.
Sonic
Scout Team

Return to Football