PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Question for Commissioner of BE

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Question for Commissioner of BE

Postby Water Pony » Wed May 21, 2003 9:52 pm

How can he question the integrity of Miami an ACC and, apparently promote alternatives to improve the Big East by raiding Conference USA for Louisville and Cincinnati, plus DePaul and Marquette for BB, to incent Miami to stay or backfill if they leave? I am not even arguing that the BE did it to Atlantic Ten years ago.

If he raids another conference, he can't complain about the ACC.
Pony Up
Water Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Question for Commissioner of BE

Postby crazy horse » Wed May 21, 2003 10:43 pm

I don't disagree with your point. But, I do think it humorous that the word "raid" is used in any of these scenarios. It is hardly a "raid" if the schools willingly change conferences. Or even worse, actively lobby for inclusion in the new conference.
"Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

New post Rhett Lashlee - College Football's Coach Of The Year
crazy horse
All-American

Re: Question for Commissioner of BE

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu May 22, 2003 8:03 am

Here's an article on the discussions that are taking place in the Big East. This group comes from the former commish. I heard yesterday a report that another reporter close to Tranghese says Temple is questionable on the football side and Cincy & S.Fla appear more desireable than C.Fla, but this article is by an Orlando writer who would obviously prefer C. Fla find their way into the mix.

<A HREF="http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college/knights/orl-sptbigeast22052203may22,0,5074024.story?coll=tf%2Dknights" TARGET=_blank>http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college/knights/orl-sptbigeast22052203may22,0,5074024.story?coll=tf%2Dknights</A>
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football