PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Question: Your favorite Mustang 'moment'

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Question: Your favorite Mustang 'moment'

Postby PK » Tue Jun 03, 2003 10:54 am

Diehard Pony, keep on dreaming the dream...checkout the recruiting board...Coach Bennett and company are hard at work on that same dream.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby M Street Stang » Tue Jun 03, 2003 3:08 pm

#1 Beating Pitt in cold Cotton Bowl.
#2 Beating UT in Austin in 1982, while listening to Broyles bad mouth us on tv.
#3 Miracle play vs. Tech. I can remember being in the car trying to figure out how far we would drop in the standings when the radio announcer starting going crazy.
M Street Stang
Scout Team

Postby MrMustang1965 » Wed Jun 04, 2003 1:37 am

Old Pony (and others): Here's my FAVORITE memory in black and white from the cover of The Mustang - Homecoming 1965 issue (50th anniversary of SMU's founding!) Me being named Mr. Mustang 1965. The football with the team members' names on it. And getting kissed by the lovely Diane Cosper, SMU cheerleader! After this photo was taken, I got to ride to the game in an open air 1966 Ford Mustang convertible and got to sit on the sidelines with the cheerleaders (leading cheers with them, no less!) and got to sit on the bench with some of the SMU team members to see my Mustangs defeat U.T. in the Homecoming game! What a memory! EAT YOUR HEARTS OUT! Image

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!" S.M.U. SPIRIT: IT STARTS NOW!

[This message has been edited by MrMustang1965 (edited 06-03-2003).]

[This message has been edited by MrMustang1965 (edited 06-04-2003).]
MrMustang1965

Postby The Q » Wed Jun 04, 2003 12:14 pm

How about 1992, when we beat Houston, 41-16, in one of the most satisfying wins I've ever been around. After having been in Houston a few years before to watch the gutless and classless Cougars hang 95 on our team of freshmen, it nearly brought tears to my eyes when we got a safe lead, and the fans at Ownby started chanting "RUN IT UP." I only wish Dan Freiburger and the boys had run it up even more.
The Q
Varsity

Postby Troup32 » Wed Jun 04, 2003 2:00 pm

I vote for the entire 2002 season - when Keylon Kincade became a bigtime college ballcarrier.
Troup32
Scout Team

Postby OldPony » Wed Jun 04, 2003 4:45 pm

Mr Mustang- You look very young. I asked Mrs. OP if she had heard where Diane might be but she didn't know. That was a really fun season. I'm not sure even the great season with ED, CJ and the boys was as much fun. We weren't supposed to go to the Cotton Bowl in 66 and it made it that much sweeter.
OldPony
Heisman

Postby MrMustang1965 » Wed Jun 04, 2003 5:28 pm

Old Pony: I was eight. But I felt like the KING OF THE WORLD! Image

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!" S.M.U. SPIRIT: IT STARTS NOW!
MrMustang1965

Previous

Return to Football