PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Tulane

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Tulane

Postby SWC Grey Hair » Tue Jun 03, 2003 10:51 am

A radio sportscaster in New Orleans says Tulane will drop football and stay Div. IA for other sports. He says the President wants to get rid of football and he has the votes to do it next Tuesday when the votes are counted.
Tulane is in a bad spot because they don't have the facilites we do on campus and they would have a lot of catching up to do if they kept their football program. Thank goodness for President Turner's vision to upgrade our football facilities.
SWC Grey Hair
Scout Team

Re: Tulane

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Jun 03, 2003 7:18 pm

Say hello to the Sunbelt or Southland Conference

[This message has been edited by Charleston Pony (edited 06-03-2003).]
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby MeanGreenGem » Tue Jun 03, 2003 10:32 pm

CP, the 'Belt doesn't need another basketball only school, but why couldn't they just stay in whatever is leftover from CUSA as a basketball only school?

I think if they drop football, the next Tulane president will be trying to find the funds to reinstate it.

Couldn't Tulane use a Russ Potts type AD now in their history?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Charleston Pony:
<B>Say hello to the Sunbelt or Southland Conference

[This message has been edited by Charleston Pony (edited 06-03-2003).]</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
MeanGreenGem
Varsity

Postby MrMustang1965 » Wed Jun 04, 2003 1:57 am

CP: I'm a Bearkat from Sam Houston State (Southland Conf.) and I'd WELCOME them as a basketball school in our conference! But I hate to see any school drop its football program. Image

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!" S.M.U. SPIRIT: IT STARTS NOW!
MrMustang1965

Postby Stallion » Wed Jun 04, 2003 6:52 pm

WOW! was reading today's New Orleans Sports Page and the fact is that Tulane may have already played its last game. Coach Scelfo said that if the decision was made to drop football he would leave it up to the players as to whether to play this year or transfer immediately. I'd bet they'd scatter to the winds just like the DP.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby RedRiverPony » Wed Jun 04, 2003 7:38 pm

From SWC Grey Hair: "Thank goodness for President Turner's vision to upgrade our football facilities."

How right you are! President Turner deserves more praise than he gets.
RedRiverPony
All-American

Return to Football