PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Get me off this hot seat!

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Get me off this hot seat!

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:17 pm

Kind of reminds me of when the death penalty hit and Pye took over and declared "no special admits" and "Larry Johnson isn't coming to SMU". Didn't take Dave Bliss long to bail out!

<A HREF="http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/6420142" TARGET=_blank>http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/6420142</A>
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Get me off this hot seat!

Postby LA_Mustang » Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:27 am

As a UT friend often reminds me, that was the biggest post death penalty mistake SMU has made. Can you imagine what LJ would have done for our b-ball program??
.....Winner of the Naismith and Wooden Awards as the 1990-91 college Player of the Year. 1st pick in NBA draft.
Yeah, I think we #@&% up! Sorry, that is a very sore subject with me. BTW, that also slammed the door on us getting any DISD kids for a LONGTIME.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Pony4Life » Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:04 am

Nice going - the school is in a dire situation, and the AD is going to jump ship? Classy. I realize AD at Kansas is a rather plum job, and I'm sure he'll make crazy money at his new job, but bailing out on a situation like that shows no loyalty whatsoever.

Who would take the UConn AD job now? Because of the Big East mess, they'll be selecting from much an inferior pool of candidates.
Fountain of youth
Giver of truth
Six parts gin
One part vermouth
Pony4Life
Heisman

Postby OldPony » Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:35 am

Actually the pay will be fairly similar. KU's old AD made about $25,000 more than Perkins is getting at UConn.
What would you do? Stay with a sinking ship or bolt? Perkins did a great job at UConn. KU might have been the first real beneficiary from all the ACC expansion talks.
OldPony
Heisman

Return to Football