PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Tulane, Rice, Houston, UAB, ASU on

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Tulane, Rice, Houston, UAB, ASU on

Postby HixsontoLeVias » Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:14 am

"special list" today in USA Today. Under analysis are the "10 NCAA D-I schools whose football programs lost the most $$$ during the 01-02 school year". Scary thing is, as we talk about "re-grouping, expansion, re-alignment", UAB, Rice, Houston, Tulane, Ark St are OFTEN the schools we mention making up our new conference...Scary times for the D-I small timers, interesting times for the NCAA "have nots", Cash Flow, FANS, some sort of LONG TERM SUSTAINABLE competitive program (ie: winning) will be the keys..can WE pull it off??? Long Live Mike Richardson.
HixsontoLeVias
All-American

Re: Tulane, Rice, Houston, UAB, ASU on

Postby DandyDon » Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:29 am

I wish someone with the info would post SMU's budget deficit. I wonder how we compare to Tulane, Rice, Houston, UAB, etc. when it comes to deficits, cash flow, true financial health?? Speaking of $$$$, SEC schools divided up over $100,000,000 last week from Bowl reciepts, revenue sharing , etc....Louisville reported an athletic PROFIT of over $8,000,000....what's a guy to do??
DandyDon
Recruit

Re: Tulane, Rice, Houston, UAB, ASU on

Postby MeanGreenGem » Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:56 am

I also enjoyed who else you gave a toast to on a previous post by you: "And long live Hayden Fry! Image <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by HixsontoLeVias:
<B>"special list" today in USA Today. Under analysis are the "10 NCAA D-I schools whose football programs lost the most $$$ during the 01-02 school year". Scary thing is, as we talk about "re-grouping, expansion, re-alignment", UAB, Rice, Houston, Tulane, Ark St are OFTEN the schools we mention making up our new conference...Scary times for the D-I small timers, interesting times for the NCAA "have nots", Cash Flow, FANS, some sort of LONG TERM SUSTAINABLE competitive program (ie: winning) will be the keys..can WE pull it off??? Long Live Mike Richardson.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message has been edited by MeanGreenGem (edited 06-10-2003).]
MeanGreenGem
Varsity

Return to Football