PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Let's form a NEW conference, and call it

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Let's form a NEW conference, and call it

Postby HixsontoLeVias » Tue Jun 10, 2003 2:57 pm

The BDC or Budget Deficit Conference. We could have Houston/ Rice / Tulane / UAB / SMU / Tulsa / who esle? Who is running in the red....how 'bout bringing NTSU in, La Tech, and if one of these schools IS NOT in the red, they soon will be...cool..I like this...
HixsontoLeVias
All-American

Re: Let's form a NEW conference, and call it

Postby MrMustang1965 » Tue Jun 10, 2003 3:42 pm

If it weren't so sad, that MIGHT be funny. Image

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!" S.M.U. SPIRIT: IT STARTS NOW!
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMUstang » Tue Jun 10, 2003 5:46 pm

It's not funny to me.
SMUstang
Heisman

Postby Southland » Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:16 pm

Arkansas State, and most of the Sun Belt schools, will be kicked out of Division 1A football in 2004 when the Division 1A status rules kick in.

SMU, Rice, Tulsa and Louisiana Tech should stand pat in the WAC until CUSA blows up and a partnership deal is established with TCU, Houston, Tulane, etc.

If the MWC steals western WAC schools, it is actually a good thing for us. It gives the southwest WAC schools more leverage to form a regional conference, because we would retain the WAC's automatic NCAA Tournament bid.

In a perfect world:

1) The Big East Alliance expands with Louisville, Cincinnati, Memphis and South Florida in the football conference, and DePaul, Marquette and Xavier in the non-football conference.

2) The Big Ten expands with Missouri

3) The Big XII replaces Missouri with BYU

4) The MWC replaces BYU with Boise and expands with Nevada, UTEP, Hawaii and Fresno

5) San Jose, a few MAC schools, and most of the SunBelt are expelled from Division 1A

6) SMU, Rice, Tulsa and Louisiana Tech retain the WAC automatic bid.

7) SMU, Rice, Tulsa and Louisiana Tech partner with TCU, Houston, Tulane, So Miss and UAB. The conference rebrands as the Gulf Coast Conference.
Southland
Varsity

Postby Bergermeister » Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:23 pm

ChucktoJerry: why are you so hung up on the budget? Either pony up the $$ to make up the difference or get over it. What's your point? Operating at a deficit is the American way. I support the American way... I charged my season tickets... someday I'll catch up... yeah, right!
Bergermeister
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football