PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

High Stakes Poker

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

High Stakes Poker

Postby Hoop Fan » Tue Jun 10, 2003 3:35 pm

Looks like UVa is in the hotseat. Their decision has huge implications for them and many other programs down the line. On one hand, they are a fine adademic institution that might be swayed by the arguments of Duke and UNC. On the other hand, they are a southern school who knows the value of football. If they vote no on expansion, the ACC might be vulnerable. With Va Tech as a fellow public school in Virginia, being involved and potentially harmed in a serious way, I would think that UVA would ultimately succumb to the pressure and vote against expansion using the specter of litigation as the reason for their change of heart hoping to placate Florida State and company by saying 'guys we tried, but the lawsuit is just too big of a problem. Its not our fault.' Thats a scenario I would expect to happen, but the comments calling for mediation by the Va governor actually indicate to me that there will be a continued conflict. In other words, UVA is not gonna back down and change their vote. If they intended to, why would mediation be necessary?

[This message has been edited by Hoop Fan (edited 06-10-2003).]
Hoop Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: High Stakes Poker

Postby EastStang » Tue Jun 10, 2003 5:10 pm

My guess is that U Va. will vote for expansion because Virginia Tech stated in the lawsuit papers that it has no intent to join the ACC if asked. The lawsuit put Tech in the hot seat because by filing it they forfeited any chance that Virginia would block expansion.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football