PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

More ACC Expansion Rumors . . .

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

More ACC Expansion Rumors . . .

Postby 93Mustang » Wed Jun 11, 2003 4:10 pm

The Wake Forest, Ga. Tech, Syracuse, and Va. Tech. message boards are all discussing a rumor that a press release announcing the ACC's addition of Miami, BC, and Syracuse has been prepared and will be issued tonight. We'll see.
93Mustang
Junior Varsity

Re: More ACC Expansion Rumors . . .

Postby Lefty » Wed Jun 11, 2003 4:18 pm

Somehow I've got to believe that Pitt feels completely cheated in the process. I haven't checked Sagarin or any similar lists, but I'm willing to bet the combined rankings of Pitt's football and basketball teams are as good - or close to as good - as any school in the Big East.
Lefty
All-American

Postby EastStang » Wed Jun 11, 2003 4:37 pm

That's why the BE will be allowed to keep their BCS status and destroys Pitt's argument that these schools leaving will harm that BCS status. Pitt and Va. Tech should be strong enough to place in the top 12 every other year. Add in Notre Dame and its a pretty sure bet.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby MrMustang1965 » Wed Jun 11, 2003 4:46 pm

If their media relations/PR person is 'wise', that release should be issued at 5 p.m. (EST) in order to make the newscasts and the next day's newspapers.

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!" S.M.U. SPIRIT: IT STARTS NOW!
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football