PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

TCU and MWC

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: TCU and MWC

Postby Nacho » Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:59 pm

How many juco football players did TCU sign last year?
Nacho
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Stallion » Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:23 pm

they signed 2 FB JC players at positions of definite immediate needs. CB Larry Bradford was highly recruited and their fans are very high on a LB named Logo Trevesi or something. They signed another 2 out of 4 in BB and another who may be from a College Prep via Nigeria-not sure. Texas Tech and Baylor loaded up on JUCOs especially Tech who got some great talent 4 star type players at CB, DE, OLM and LB where they needed the most help.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Stallion » Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:27 pm

well yeah assuming Bennett recruits with TCU in the next 3 years then we are right there with them. Fact is TCU has probably outrecruited SMU in 14 out of the last 15 years according to the so called experts. I repeat your feelings are based on speculation and conjecture. TCUs success is based on 5 straight Bowl Games and solid players already on campus.

[This message has been edited by Stallion (edited 06-12-2003).]
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

Stallion

Postby gostangs » Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:38 pm

In the only year where we have had Bennett's staff at full speed AND the new stadium, we out-recruited TCU. Alot of things would have to happen positively for us to pull ourselves even with their success, it pains me to admit, but neither are we light years behind them. They have lesser facilities, are a lesser school and don't have as large a capacity for athletic financial support among their alumni - those are a couple of advantages for us. Sometimes our loyal fans get weary of getting our hopes up - just to see them repeatedly dashed - but defeatist thinking gets you defeatist results.
gostangs

Postby Stallion » Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:06 pm

and some people can't see the truth through rose colored glasses.

Stallion

Postby gostangs » Fri Jun 13, 2003 10:46 am

I am very realistic - its a huge job to complete. Only losers give up and our current group of AD and coaching staff does not seem like losers to me - cheer up you ol grump.
gostangs

Postby Nacho » Fri Jun 13, 2003 10:52 am

A fool only sees what he wants to see and disregards the rest. I posted this on the recruiting board a couple of weeks ago but Stallion in typical foolish fashion disregarded it.

<A HREF="http://www.borderlandnews.com/stories/sports/todaysstories/20030602-120515.shtml" TARGET=_blank>http://www.borderlandnews.com/stories/sports/todaysstories/20030602-120515.shtml</A>

[This message has been edited by Nacho (edited 06-13-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Nacho (edited 06-13-2003).]
Nacho

Postby OldPony » Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:03 am

Do you think Stallion wants to recruit JC players? I don't think I ever heard that. The musical chairs in conferences will continue until the NCAA can exercize at least as much control as the BCS schools. I wonder what would happen if the NCAA decided to enfore their rules against BCS schools as hard as they have on small schools without the fan support and Big TV rights? Could that even the playing field or would it spell the death of the NCAA?
OldPony
Heisman

Postby gostangs » Fri Jun 13, 2003 12:01 pm

To put it more simply - It is not the truth that we are light years behind them - it is defeatist.
gostangs

Previous

Return to Football