PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Lute Croy

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Lute Croy

Postby ALL4SMU » Thu Sep 14, 2000 11:22 am

I heard that Lute Croy will not be starting this week due to injury. Is that true? If so, that hurts. Is JD Blagg ready to play yet?
\"Show me a happy and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure.\"- Knute Rockne
ALL4SMU
Varsity

Re: Lute Croy

Postby SMUguy » Thu Sep 14, 2000 12:26 pm

True - Croy is out. Blagg's not ready, from what I hear. And according to today's Dallas Morning News says Thornton Chandler has been downgraded from questionable to doubtful.

If that's true, who starts? I would guess Post starts for Croy, and Gober starts for Chandler?
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."
"Hit it."
SMUguy
Heisman

Postby THE ROCK » Thu Sep 14, 2000 2:14 pm

TRUE, POST WOULD FOR CERTAIN START FOR CROY. HE WILL DEFINITLY BE MISSED, BUT WE ARE GOING TO HAVE TO LOOK PAST THAT AND POST IS GOING TO STEP UP. I AM NOT WORRIED ABOUT POST STEPING UP AT ALL. WHAT WORRIES ME IS THE LACK OF DEPTH WE KNOW HAVE AT DT FOR THIS GAME. SMU'S DEFENSE ALWAYS ROTATES ITS FIRST AND SECOND STRING DEFENSIVE LINE, AND KNOW THAT CROY IS OUT, WHO IS GONNA SUB IN FOR POST? I SURE HOPE BLAGG WILL BE READY!
CAN YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKIN'?
THE ROCK
Scout Team

Postby MXTE » Thu Sep 14, 2000 6:29 pm

I know that it hurts with Croy being out...however, there is hope. Soph Transfer Joseph Medlin #63. Have you seen the size of that young man. As a side note...I believe he holds a couple of Strength records at SMU already. If you would go back and watch the game tape of El Paso during the goal line stand that lead to a field goal in the 3rd quarter you would feel better. He not only did his job...he embarrased a very good center (I think he was all-conference last year-or at least honorable mention). What are your thoughts?
MXTE

Postby BUS » Sat Sep 16, 2000 10:40 am

Met J. Medlins father during summer worjouts. Joeseph is not hat tall but very thick. 280 lbs if read. I sure hope he can help.
Would be nice to see him shine today!!!
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football