PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Graypony??????//

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Graypony??????//

Postby ALL4SMU » Thu Sep 14, 2000 11:23 am

Graypony, if you are around, how is J.D.? Is he ready to play yet. I sure hope so, I think we need him now more than ever!
\"Show me a happy and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure.\"- Knute Rockne
ALL4SMU
Varsity

Re: Graypony??????//

Postby graypony » Thu Sep 14, 2000 11:50 am

FINALLY, after a redshirt year with a shoulder injury and missing most of two-a-days and the first 2 games this year with a knee injury, he is dressing out Saturday. His mother and I will be there to root for ALL of the Mustangs. Remember, he did not participate in spring ball or most of 2 a days, so he might not see much action.

Also, do not forget, while we badly need Croy to get healthy, we have great depth at DT with Schavrda, Post, Birdwell, and Medlin ready to go.

If any of you are going to be there, look me up. I am the one with gray hair and the gorgeous wife. We are flying into Greensboro early Saturday afternoon (incredible luck on air fare) and driving 82 miles in a cheap rent a car to Raleigh. Got to save for the Hawaii/Fresno trips.
graypony
Junior Varsity

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 14, 2000 12:25 pm

That is classic!

By the way, I heard that J.D. has been doing really, really well in practice. I just thought you might like to hear that.

Hope all is well.

Carson

Postby graypony » Thu Sep 14, 2000 12:45 pm

Thanks, PFM. We only hope that his professors are saying the same thing.
graypony
Junior Varsity

Postby SMUPonyFan » Thu Sep 14, 2000 2:02 pm

That is great to hear about JD. All the best to him and GrayPony!

------------------
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
SMUPonyFan
Varsity

Postby No Quarter » Fri Sep 15, 2000 7:00 am

I really am happy for your son and for you and your wife. Wish I could make this trip - I kept looking for your son's number during warm-ups the first two games. I hope the Mustang defense does not spend too much time on the field with a tropical storm rain in the face! And hope you have a great trip.
No Quarter
Heisman

Postby graypony » Fri Sep 15, 2000 11:32 am

Thanks! That #98 is a walk on kicker. JD did not dress out for the KU game as he was injured. Several numbers were duplicated. Maybe we had more than 100 dress out for the opener.
graypony
Junior Varsity

Return to Football