PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Well put, PonyFan

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Well put, PonyFan

Postby Stampede » Mon Jun 16, 2003 1:00 pm

Sell those tickets!!!! Me also thinkd PonySnob is a troll in purple. He seems to be forever putting down our chances and propping TCU. TCU is a fine school...while SMU is a great University.
SMU...2nd to None
Stampede
All-American

Re: Well put, PonyFan

Postby PonyFan » Mon Jun 16, 2003 1:35 pm

Glad you agree!
Shouldn't we all be selling our friends/neighbors on the idea of tickets - either buying their own or at least joining us at games, to lay the groundwork?

How long until the season starts???
"What kind of weirdo school are they running over there in Fort Worth?"
- Randy Galloway
ESPN Radio (103.3 FM)
PonyFan
Heisman

Postby PonySnob » Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:29 am

I'm not sure why when I get on the board and ask the questions that many of the SMU faithful don't want to ask, I'm called a Frog troll. If there is one school that I truly can't stand it is TCU. I just want to know when are we going to have a teams that we can for once be proud of what the accomplish on the field/court not just in the classroom. At what point can I as a SMU loyalist expect more than what I've seen in games since the late 80's?
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby dirty30samoa » Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:56 am

We can not promise you a national championship, but i can vow that in the near future the smu football team will give EVERYONE something to be proud of! Just stick with us.....
dirty30samoa

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:02 am

this group is with you; just frustrated by years of losing...just as the team must be. It's our classmates/former classmates who have lost interest and the casual football fan in Dallas that we need to get interested in the program. Realistically, that will happen when we start beating teams like Okla St, Fresno, Boise & TCU when they come into Ford.
Charleston Pony

Postby Big Easy Pony » Tue Jun 17, 2003 10:22 am

Thanks, dirty30 - love your enthusiasm!
Keep up the hard work this summer, and beat Texas Tech!
Big Easy Pony
Varsity

Postby Stampede » Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:20 am

I guess it must be the fact when you post....you always seem to open by saying..."when are we (SMU) going to field a team as good as TCU?"....only to continue with "never in my lifetime" and we are sooo pathetic and TCU is the best in everything.

And it might have a little to do with your handle...."we are not snobs, just better than you!!!" Now that is appropriate.
SMU...2nd to None
Stampede
All-American

Postby PonySnob » Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:09 pm

The reason I tend to mention TCU is due to the fact they TCU is a school very similar to SMU in that it was at the absolute bottom with regards to football and basketball. Somehow, the athletic department over there was able to turn things around - especially in football and now TCU is a regular in the Top 25 polls as well as in the post season bowl games. In addition, they put a lot more fans in seats at there football games. I just want to know why we cannot have the same kind of success that they have.
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby EastStang » Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:52 pm

I guess you haven't been reading these posts for the last year. We handicapped ourselves after the DP with insane recruiting restrictions. Many of those restrictions no longer exist. Last year we appeared to have by all accounts a great class, equal to or better than TCU's. You can't become great overnight unless you cheat or sell your academic soul, we've been there and done that.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Return to Football