PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Morning News article

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Morning News article

Postby INFINITYRR » Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:59 pm

See my post above. It says "Try CUSA First", I never made a comment about Big 12. I talked to at least 10 Dallas Recruits(5 Blue Chip) last year, not one accepted their offer to go to a service academy. Everyone of them got scholorships elsewhere or decided to walk on at other schools.
INFINITYRR
Recruit

Postby SoCal_Pony » Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:00 pm

Nacho, in your earlier post from the Tulsa paper there is no mention of Tulane. Do you know why?

Stallion, I wholeheartedly agree that a true commitment to athletics is to simply adhere to standards by which Division 1A is played. What is so complicated about this?
SoCal_Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby EastStang » Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:12 pm

It takes a rare bird to accept a scholarship to a service academy. That's different than playing a service academy. To accept a scholarship to a service academy means that you have to agree to a six year after college service committment. Further, you are going to schools that have curfews, bed checks, strict disciplinary rules, and hazing.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby Nacho » Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:14 pm

Tulane is one of the 6 airporters. The other 6 weren't mentioned in proir reports. That's my interpretation.

[This message has been edited by Nacho (edited 06-17-2003).]
Nacho

Previous

Return to Football