PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Welcome guests!

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Welcome guests!

Postby Cheesesteak » Sat Jun 21, 2003 12:56 am

Forum: a medium of open discussion or voicing of ideas.

Sometimes, persistent and verbose UNT visitors to this forum are handled a little roughly by the home team. My impression of UNT guests is that they are consistently polite and well-intentioned. Forum visitors usually have different and sometimes thought-provoking comments. Other than the Tulsa fan who visits during basketball season and a few TCU loyalists, nobody outside the SMU community visits this forum on even a semi-regular basis. It is sort of frustrating to know that 99% of the words written on PonyFans.com came from mustangs stomping their hooves on a keyboard. I also read the football forum for a university where I attended graduate school. Friday (06/20/03), that board contained (sometimes multiple) posts from fans representing over thirty other schools complementing the day's more than 600 total posts. Interesting information came from those visitors who shared insights into the BE/ACC battle, recruiting, future OOC scheduling, NCAA issues, etc. Occasionally, guests started the most active threads. I'm not implying that posts by the UNT duo are keeping me awake at night, but I wish our valuable forum had more visitors.

As long as guests are responsible I want to know what the outside world is thinking.

Welcome guests!
Cheesesteak
All-American

Re: Welcome guests!

Postby MeanGreenGem » Sat Jun 21, 2003 1:32 am

Thank you... I am duly impressed.

I'll try not to wear my welcome out, though? :> )

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cheesesteak:
<B>Forum: a medium of open discussion or voicing of ideas.

Sometimes, persistent and verbose UNT visitors to this forum are handled a little roughly by the home team. My impression of UNT guests is that they are consistently polite and well-intentioned. Forum visitors usually have different and sometimes thought-provoking comments. Other than the Tulsa fan who visits during basketball season and a few TCU loyalists, nobody outside the SMU community visits this forum on even a semi-regular basis. It is sort of frustrating to know that 99% of the words written on PonyFans.com came from mustangs stomping their hooves on a keyboard. I also read the football forum for a university where I attended graduate school. Friday (06/20/03), that board contained (sometimes multiple) posts from fans representing over thirty other schools complementing the day's more than 600 total posts. Interesting information came from those visitors who shared insights into the BE/ACC battle, recruiting, future OOC scheduling, NCAA issues, etc. Occasionally, guests started the most active threads. I'm not implying that posts by the UNT duo are keeping me awake at night, but I wish our valuable forum had more visitors.

As long as guests are responsible I want to know what the outside world is thinking.

Welcome guests! </B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
MeanGreenGem
Varsity

Re: Welcome guests!

Postby GrapevineMustang » Sat Jun 21, 2003 10:36 pm

Right - minus the flamethrowers, it's always educational to get the views of other schools.
GrapevineMustang
All-American

Return to Football