PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

E-Mail from Fraley...

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

E-Mail from Fraley...

Postby Yoda » Thu Jun 26, 2003 5:30 pm

Mr. Tanner,
From my conversations with Jim Copeland, I would say his first choice is to
stay with the WAC in a two-division format.
Thanks for the note.
Gerry Fraley
Yoda

Re: E-Mail from Fraley...

Postby FloridaMustang » Thu Jun 26, 2003 5:33 pm

Copeland is a fool.
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Roach » Thu Jun 26, 2003 5:45 pm

I would guess Cope's comments are just posturing to stay in the WAC's good graces, until we land elsewhere. SMU clearly would be better off in a modified C-USA or a new regional conference, like the one Fraley outlined in his column today.
Plagiarize!
Let no one else's work evade your eyes.
Remember why the good lord made your eyes.
So don't shade your eyes, just
Plagiarize, plagiarize, plagiarize!

(Only be sure always to call it, please .... "research.")
Roach
Heisman

Postby Southland » Thu Jun 26, 2003 5:54 pm

I was in contact with Jim in late April/early May about this... our early exchange was in regards to strengthening relationships with regional Universities such as TCU, Houston, and Tulane.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, May 02, 2003 6:30 AM
To: xxxxxxx (took out my name)
Subject: RE: SMU positioning dependant on current relationships

(name)-- I think you are right that if the ACC expands by adding Big East schools that the Big East will try to add two or three current CUSA schools and that might present an opportunity for SMU to create a regional flavor of some type. perhaps an eastern division of the WAC. Obviously, there are a number of possible scenarios and configurations that would give us an association that would make more sense geographically Thanks for your thoughts
Southland
Varsity

Postby Southland » Thu Jun 26, 2003 5:55 pm

I was in contact with Jim in late April/early May about this... our early exchange was in regards to strengthening relationships with regional Universities such as TCU, Houston, and Tulane.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, May 02, 2003 6:30 AM
To: xxxxxxx (took out my name)
Subject: RE: SMU positioning dependant on current relationships

(name)-- I think you are right that if the ACC expands by adding Big East schools that the Big East will try to add two or three current CUSA schools and that might present an opportunity for SMU to create a regional flavor of some type. perhaps an eastern division of the WAC. Obviously, there are a number of possible scenarios and configurations that would give us an association that would make more sense geographically Thanks for your thoughts
Southland
Varsity

Postby PerunaPunch » Thu Jun 26, 2003 5:59 pm

A fool he decidedly is not. What did you think UNFMustang06, that Mr. Copeland was going to come right out and say that not only was he looking at several options besides the WAC, but that he had feelers out all over the country and that he and his coaches were evaluating several different realignment scenarios?

Once it’s '07 and you’re out of school, if you ever are put in a situation where you have to deal with the media, I strongly council you to be guarded with your remarks. Don’t ever say anything that you’re unwilling to make public knowledge, and certainly don’t do anything to burn bridges with your current situation (whether it be your employer, or in this case, your conference).
"It's a couple hundred million dollars. I'm not losing sleep over it." -- David Miller
PerunaPunch
Hall of Famer

Return to Football