PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Why did you pick SMU?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Why did you pick SMU?

Postby 91Stang » Fri Apr 28, 2000 7:20 pm

Rodeo and kappa sig - go figure....
HOCKEY'S BACK!
91Stang
Varsity

Postby SMU00 » Fri Apr 28, 2000 7:21 pm

Is that a shot at Rodeo or kappa sigs?
SMU00
Junior Varsity

Postby 91Stang » Fri Apr 28, 2000 7:27 pm

Both! (just kidding)
HOCKEY'S BACK!
91Stang
Varsity

Postby doby » Fri Apr 28, 2000 10:36 pm

I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A PONY FAN AND ALWAYS HATING TCU I loved SMU that much better I like Dallas the fight song and the colors,we seem to have more class than alot of schools have!

[This message has been edited by PonyFanMan (edited 04-28-2000).]
doby

Postby Joyous » Sat Apr 29, 2000 9:47 am

91Stang
The orginal message started with me asking you were you familar with Jimmy? That was after I saw you were from Sask.
Thanks for the post - he's a hard worker and molded his brother great.
Joyous
Varsity

Postby jettison » Mon May 01, 2000 11:24 am

It's funny someone asks a question about why they picked SMU and you actually read about the Jet in Canada. I didn't pick SMU. My 1987 Jeep cherokee didn't seem to fit well in University Park so I ventured out west to Arizona State. But my brother chose to play there, so now I'm a fan.

Hey Doby, ever heard of a period? Or are you trying to sound inbred on purpose? Just kidding pops!!
jettison
Junior Varsity

Postby SMUstang » Mon May 01, 2000 10:59 pm

I'm about to show my age here but who cares. I grew up a fan of the SWC and Doak Walker. My friend's mom was an alum and his family took me to several SMU games. When the time came to choose a college, I chose SMU for three reasons. (1) football and the SWC (2) the co-op plan in the engineering dept. and (3) my friend became my roommate at Atkins Hall (now Clements Hall)

I came and I loved it.
SMUstang
Heisman

Postby Joyous » Tue May 02, 2000 9:38 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jettison:
<B>It's funny someone asks a question about why they picked SMU and you actually read about the Jet in Canada. I didn't pick SMU. My 1987 Jeep cherokee didn't seem to fit well in University Park so I ventured out west to Arizona State. But my brother chose to play there, so now I'm a fan.

Hey Doby, ever heard of a period? Or are you trying to sound inbred on purpose? Just kidding pops!!</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It happened because I saw someone's reply and asked them a question. No my question did not have anything to do with "Why you came to SMU" but it is still a message board - I thought. Sorry for messing up your day Mr. Jettison.
Joyous
Varsity

Postby jettison » Tue May 02, 2000 10:43 am

Say joyous, that didn't mess up my day... I honestly thought it was funny. We just never know where a topic is going to take us!! We're all one big happy family here at ponyfans.com and it's good to learn as much as we can about each other!!
jettison
Junior Varsity

Postby 91Stang » Tue May 02, 2000 12:27 pm

Joyous -

I'm remotely familiar with Jet, but I've never had the chance to see him play in person. I confess that most of my football attention lies south of the Canadian-US border.
HOCKEY'S BACK!
91Stang
Varsity

Postby Joyous » Tue May 02, 2000 4:41 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jettison:
<B>Say joyous, that didn't mess up my day... I honestly thought it was funny. We just never know where a topic is going to take us!! We're all one big happy family here at ponyfans.com and it's good to learn as much as we can about each other!! </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
My fault - I'm sorry for being touchy. Maybe it was all the storms we had this morning. The thunder and lighting must have had me on edge. We are one big happy family and I love it. I thought it was funny too when Jimi's picture got posted. I saw 91Stang was in Canada and was curious if he kept up with the CFL. Then I just got his answer. If you are reading this 91Stang - you must pay attention. Go to one game and you will be HOOKED!! And you attention can still be South. Image
Joyous
Varsity

Previous

Return to Football