PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Baylor

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Baylor

Postby LA_Mustang » Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:29 am

Assuming the WACO PD and the FBI confirm everyone's fears today, what does this do to Baylor athletics as a whole? I believe there is a chance they cancel the entire upcoming basketball season. Bliss will likely be fired and who knows what else will come down when all the facts are known. This a HUGE and tragic story that no one is really talking about. Very sad.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Baylor

Postby DallasDiehard » Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:43 am

I'm no lawyer, and I don't claim to be.

If -- and until we know more, that's a huge IF -- any other players are involved in any wrongdoing, I can only assume they'd be kicked off the team and the legal system would take its course. But I don't foresee the season being cancelled.

Why are you having Bliss fired in this scenario?

SportsLaw - can you weigh in on this?c
Rise up, Mustang Nation!
Go SMU!
DallasDiehard
Heisman

Postby Water Pony » Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:50 am

What is going on here? In the national press it is a Missing Person and possible Homicide.

What does that have to do with the Coach and Teammates? What hasn't surfaced? Or, more accurately, is someone being irresponsible with their comments?

[This message has been edited by Water Pony (edited 06-30-2003).]
Pony Up
Water Pony

Postby Stallion » Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:52 am

Gee I'm glad some of you all aren't on my jury-think we might want to hear the facts before we hang anybody.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Hoop Fan » Mon Jun 30, 2003 12:09 pm

Can you imagine if this was SMU instead of Baylor? We would be getting crucified by the media. I guess there are advantages to being in Waco. If this was foul play by Dennehy's teammates like has been suggested, this will be one of the ugliest stories I can recall.

[This message has been edited by Hoop Fan (edited 06-30-2003).]
Hoop Fan

Postby Corso » Mon Jun 30, 2003 12:26 pm

I just hope that somehow, this turns out to be a crazy story and he's somehow OK.m
Corso
Hall of Famer

Postby OldPony » Mon Jun 30, 2003 4:46 pm

No one would crucify SMU in a sim9ilar situation. Paranoia is not pretty. Why are you all suggesting that someone in Baylors athletic department did something wrong? Bliss is a good guy. I think he was actually the one who sounded the alarm that he couldn't find the player. I hate to agree with Stallion(: but how about some facts before everyone goes off half- thingied and starts assuming there is something wrong with aylors athletics or Bliss or the players etc.
OldPony
Heisman

Postby Hoop Fan » Mon Jun 30, 2003 5:58 pm

The Waco police report over the weekend stated that Baylor basketball players could be involved, ie suspects. Now they are recanting, probably for legal reasons, but a statement is a statement. No one here made it up. By the way, how could an SMU fan not be paranoid at this point? Since the DP, we have been eating one crap sandwich after another.
Hoop Fan

Return to Football