PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

CUSA Chief Still Lives In Dallas

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

CUSA Chief Still Lives In Dallas

Postby Stallion » Tue Jul 01, 2003 2:05 am

Brittan Banowsky,just now returning from South America after a 2 week vacation while the future of his conference is in doubt has been criticized for continuing to live in Dallas while CUSA is headquarter in Chicago. Interesting.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: CUSA Chief Still Lives In Dallas

Postby MrMustang1965 » Tue Jul 01, 2003 2:15 am

Yeh. That's great leadership for ya! Be on vacation while your boat is sinking. Is he related to the captain of the Titanic? lol

As for living in Dallas instead of Chicago...hmmm. The man must not like good pizza pies or BBQ or jazz! Let's face it: Chi-town beats Big D in all of those categories!

Interesting trivia: did you know that Dallas has more days of windier weather than Chicago even though Chicago is referred to as "The Windy City"?

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!" S.M.U. SPIRIT: IT STARTS NOW!
MrMustang1965

Postby Casey » Tue Jul 01, 2003 10:45 am

Why do I have a hunch that Banowsky and Karl Benson visit the same fortune teller? How could he take a vacation now?
Once a Mustang, ALWAYS a Mustang!
Casey
All-American

Postby Sam I Am » Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:38 am

Forget the wind factor, try comparing a Chicago winter with Dallas and tell me where you want to live. Then again, someone who tolerates living in a city sinking into the bayou with miserably hot, humid weather and horrible traffic jams might think Chicago is a good deal after all.
Sam I Am
Sam I Am
Hall of Famer

Postby SMUFan » Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:50 am

I'll take Texas summer heat over Chicago winters any day. I've been through both. No contest.
SMUFan
All-American

Postby OldPony » Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:58 am

BTW- Cicago's nickname of the Windy City has nothing to do with wind. It got the name from all of the "windy politicians" who lived there from a New York writer.
OldPony
Heisman

Postby Hoop Fan » Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:44 pm

I'm with ya on that SMUFan, but I wish I had a job that allowed me to summer in Chicago and winter in Dallas.
Hoop Fan

Postby abezontar » Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:45 pm

My sister lives in Chicago, and I don't know that I would want to live there in the summer either, especially since a lot of apartments up there don't have A/C.....it still gets pretty damn hot there.
The donkey's name is Kiki.

On a side note, anybody need a patent attorney?

Good, Bad...I'm the one with the gun.
abezontar
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby FloridaMustang » Tue Jul 01, 2003 6:59 pm

OP, very true... however, I think the writer meant it both ways. Chicago is a breezy place, therefore he is a genius.

what am i talking about?
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Water Pony » Tue Jul 01, 2003 8:44 pm

As the only apparent Chicagoland Mustang posting here, I'll take Chicago winters over Texas summers. It depends on where you want to pay the penalty. The winter breed character especially if you don't insist on living indoors in Dec to Feb.
Pony Up
Water Pony

Postby MrMustang1965 » Wed Jul 02, 2003 5:06 am

Well, I grew up in Dallas from 1961 until 1980. Dallas winters were mild in comparison to Chicago's (although I've never even been there), I guess. As for my current residency, the $$$ is better here than in Big D! And, truth be told, our traffic jams aren't as bad as what I've experienced in Dallas over the years...you just have to know how to navigate the city to get around 'em! Image Yeah, it's hot & humid here in the summer...but the winters are GREAT because you don't have to wear coats or sweaters except for a small portion of the season.

WHAT? No comments about the jazz, pizza or BBQ? Image

Everybody talks about the weather...but no one does anything about it! ROFL

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sam I Am:
<B>Forget the wind factor, try comparing a Chicago winter with Dallas and tell me where you want to live. Then again, someone who tolerates living in a city sinking into the bayou with miserably hot, humid weather and horrible traffic jams might think Chicago is a good deal after all.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!" S.M.U. SPIRIT: IT STARTS NOW!
MrMustang1965

Return to Football