PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

New additions?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

New additions?

Postby Nacho » Tue Jul 01, 2003 10:05 am

<A HREF="http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/1974382" TARGET=_blank>http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/1974382</A>
Nacho
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: New additions?

Postby Casey » Tue Jul 01, 2003 10:47 am

Damn - the Rice AD also went on vacation instead of to a meeting that could help determine the athletic future of his employer? What's with people these days? Commissioners, ADs - going on vacation when there's serious turmoil -- where's the work ethic?
Once a Mustang, ALWAYS a Mustang!
Casey
All-American

Postby Nacho » Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:09 am

I found that unbelievable myself. Here we are at the most crucial time in college athletics in many years and some of these guys are on vacation? What are they thinking?
Nacho

Postby Sam I Am » Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:34 am

What's the rush already? Untilt he BE takes Louisville, the C-USA can not respond. Rice is right about the WAC being so far dowon the food chain that our schools can only wait for the changes to reach us. I think the key to the C-USA is what happens to Cincinatti. If they go BE, then the C-usa will collapse.
Sam I Am
Sam I Am
Hall of Famer

Postby SMUstang » Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:50 am

C-USA will collapse? Losing 3 out of 11 hardly qualifies as a collapse. I would like to see C-USA replace Army, UL and UC with Rice, SMU, Tulsa, and Temple or La Tech. That would create an excellent east-west 12 team conference with SMU in the same division with Houston, TCU, Rice, Tulsa and Tulane. Not bad.
SMUstang
Heisman

Postby The PonyGrad » Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:59 am

We should be proactive one way or the other and I believe we are being so. At least that is the way the papers are reporting it.

We should not wait to be the victims of which ever way the winds blow but rather push to better our situation.
Go Ponies!!
Beat whoever it is we are playing!!

@PonyGrad
The PonyGrad

Postby Yoda » Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:12 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Casey:
<B>Damn - the Rice AD also went on vacation instead of to a meeting that could help determine the athletic future of his employer? What's with people these days? Commissioners, ADs - going on vacation when there's serious turmoil -- where's the work ethic?</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>It was a teleconference? Where is he vacationing anyway? Don't they have phones there?

Yoda out...
Yoda

Return to Football