PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU FOOTBALL ON THE RADIO ???

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

SMU FOOTBALL ON THE RADIO ???

Postby N.Y.MUSTANG » Tue Jul 01, 2003 8:23 pm

SMU FAN WHO LIVES IN N.Y. JUST WONDERING WHICH RADIO STATION IS BROADCASTING THE FOOTBALL GAMES THIS YEAR.IF ANYBODY CAN GIVE ME THE STATION THAT WILL BE GREAT. THANKS!
N.Y.MUSTANG

Re: SMU FOOTBALL ON THE RADIO ???

Postby Mama Bouche » Tue Jul 01, 2003 8:46 pm

I'm out of the area as well. I go to the athletic department's website smumustangs.com and they have a link to the radio station.
This is my first post. For those of you who might wonder where the handle came from, you may recall that the character of Mama from the movie Waterboy was played by SMU alum, Kathy Bates. Speaking of miraculous comebacks, I hope one is in store for the Mustangs. The stars do appear to be aligning. I look forward to seeing you all who come to the West Coast games this year. I might even make it back for the Fresno State game.
Go Ponies!!!
Mama Bouche
Junior Varsity

Postby GoRedGoBlue » Tue Jul 01, 2003 9:04 pm

<A HREF="http://www.TheTicket.com" TARGET=_blank>http://www.TheTicket.com</A> you can hear it on the internet. There is most likely no radio in NYC for SMU games unless you catch them on the opponent's station (still, doubtful up there).
GoRedGoBlue
Heisman

Postby N.Y.MUSTANG » Tue Jul 01, 2003 9:19 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GoRedGoBlue:
<B><A HREF="http://www.TheTicket.com" TARGET=_blank>http://www.TheTicket.com</A> you can hear it on the internet. There is most likely no radio in NYC for SMU games unless you catch them on the opponent's station (still, doubtful up there).</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
THANKS GOREDGOBLUE I'LL BE LISTENING AUG.30 AGAINST TEXAS TECH
N.Y.MUSTANG

Postby SoCal_Pony » Wed Jul 02, 2003 12:11 am

During the season, whether it is football or basketball, I usually go to <A HREF="http://www.smumustangs.com" TARGET=_blank>www.smumustangs.com</A> Not only will it link you to the radio broadcast via the internet, but you can also select the ‘webcast’ option to receive (kind of) real-time statistics.

FYI - The BB last year was broadcast on KSKY, a Christian music station.
SoCal_Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby MrMustang1965 » Wed Jul 02, 2003 4:41 am

"Mama": Welcome aboard!

FYI: Other SMU alumni who may be familiar as actors and actresses are Patricia Richardson (Jill Taylor on "Home Improvement"), Bill Fagerbakke (Dauber Dybinski on "Coach"...ironically the character of Coach Hayden Fox, played by Craig T. Nelson, was modeled after former SMU head football coach Hayden Fry!), Don Meredith (yeah, he's done some acting, too!), James Noble (Father O'Flanagan in "Airplane II: The Sequel"), Joey Slotnik (Milton Buttle on "Boston Public" and CIA Agent Steven Haladki on "Alias"), Aaron Spelling (producer of "The Love Boat", "Charlie's Angels", "Fantasy Island", etc.), Stephen Tobolowsky (Max in "Thelma & Louise"), Amy Aker (Winifred Burkle on "Angel" and Miggy in "Catch Me If You Can"), Paige Davis (hostess of "Trading Spaces" on HGTV), Lauren Graham (Lorelai Gilmore on "Gilmore Girls") and Beth Henley (wrote "Crimes of the Heart" and "The Miss Firecracker Contest")...just to name a few! Image

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mama Bouche:
<B>I'm out of the area as well. I go to the athletic department's website smumustangs.com and they have a link to the radio station.
This is my first post. For those of you who might wonder where the handle came from, you may recall that the character of Mama from the movie Waterboy was played by SMU alum, Kathy Bates. Speaking of miraculous comebacks, I hope one is in store for the Mustangs. The stars do appear to be aligning. I look forward to seeing you all who come to the West Coast games this year. I might even make it back for the Fresno State game.
Go Ponies!!!</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!" S.M.U. SPIRIT: IT STARTS NOW!
MrMustang1965

Postby ponyte » Wed Jul 02, 2003 8:27 am

I live outside the Dallas area as well and listen to most every game over the Net. Hoe games web cast will have a game tracker. Stats are updated and a written description is available. It bets driving around in a car to try and get the best AM reception.

I am addicted to listening to the games over the Net. Plan my day and look forward to kickoff. My kids hate me cause I have the computer tied up for hours. Listen and enjoy.
ponyte

Postby Hoofprint » Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:21 am

Hey MM65, you forgot one (unless I missed it): Saundra Santiago. I'm not sure what her character's name was, but she was one of the female cops on "Miami Vice."
Hoofprint
All-American

Postby OldPony » Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:26 am

MrMustang- OP must really be old. There are 4-5 of those huge stars that I have ever heard of. I have heard of some of the movies/TV shows but not exactly prime time favorites. I can't wait for the list of many more.
OldPony
Heisman

Return to Football