PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Baylor Game

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Baylor Game

Postby gostangs » Mon Jul 07, 2003 6:25 pm

This is a potentially huge game for SMU - to show progress and to not enter the thick of the season 0-4 for the umteenth time. they will NOT want to lose to us, and you have to think they have it circled as a win for them. Everyone needs to call some Mustang friends, pull together a group and go to this one and show our team we will support them in an important game. Its just two hours away, so how about a nice showing guys?
gostangs
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Baylor Game

Postby ClassOf81 » Mon Jul 07, 2003 6:27 pm

Already have it on the calendar. I'll be there, in red and blue, and loud.
ClassOf81
Heisman

Postby Pegasus » Mon Jul 07, 2003 9:57 pm

it's not EVEN two hours away!!! everybody grab someone, and let's frikin' go to Waco!!! Go Stangs!!!!
Pegasus
Scout Team

Postby Stallion » Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:22 pm

ROADTRIP! This was usually the best roadtrip on our schedule throughout the 70s and 80s by FAR eclipsing the SMU/TCU game which we completely dominated. I would love this to be an annual rivalry but it needs the support of SMU fans to be successful.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Pegasus » Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:34 pm

Right there with ya Stallion, great games!! Ever make it to Georges(home of the big O)??? Or Papa Pollo's on Valley Mills Dr.? Our last win over a top 25 team was 1986,in Waco Tx. in a driving rainstorm! Jed Martin 74 yards down the far sideline! Mitchell Price returns opening kickoff ALL THE WAY! Baylor was ranked 13th that day! Great fun! Load up folks!!!And don't forget the Chek Stop in West!!!
Pegasus
Scout Team

Postby PonySnob » Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:14 pm

I was at that game in 86. How sweet the opening kick-off returned for a TD was. Unfortunately, that was the last decent game we played against Baylor as post-DP, they owned us! This is definately a shot at redemption against them.
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby Stallion » Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:35 pm

it only rained a short time during that game didn't it. Seems like the storm moved thru pretty quick. Wasn't that kickoff return by Price a double handoff reverse? The really awful weather was in 1983 when QB Don King came of age during a miracle 21 or 22 point 4th Quarter comeback in some of the worst game conditions I ever remember.

[This message has been edited by Stallion (edited 07-07-2003).]

"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Tue Jul 08, 2003 7:32 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pegasus:
<B>it's not EVEN two hours away!!! everybody grab someone, and let's frikin' go to Waco!!! Go Stangs!!!!</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ill meet ya there!! Go Stangs!

------------------
Let That Pony Pride Ride!
Get Ready...Mustangs Never Die!!
GO LOBOS!! THE 66 YEAR WAIT IS OVER!!
Mustangs35SMU

Postby Corso » Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:23 am

Not so fast my friends! (Had to squeeze that in)

You know the Ponies won't be playing in Waco without me making the trip. Add me to the list of PonyFans who will be in attendance.
Corso
Hall of Famer

Postby VarsityShop » Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:42 am

"The really awful weather was in 1983 when QB Don King came of age during a miracle 21 or 22 point 4th Quarter comeback in some of the worst game conditions I ever remember"

Hey Stallion wasn't that game in 1984?

Get your dates right dude!

(Varsity Shop A.K.A. "THE INSANE PONY POSSE")
VarsityShop
Varsity

Postby mustangsnake » Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:00 pm

What are the Mustang masses predicting for the final score? Individual stats?
mustangsnake
Recruit

Postby M Street Stang » Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:35 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Stallion:
<B> it only rained a short time during that game didn't it. Seems like the storm moved thru pretty quick. Wasn't that kickoff return by Price a double handoff reverse? The really awful weather was in 1983 when QB Don King came of age during a miracle 21 or 22 point 4th Quarter comeback in some of the worst game conditions I ever remember.

I was at that game as well. To this day that was one of the best comebacks I've ever seen. Baylor helped us by muffing a punt on their 5 yardline, then running 3 times up the middle with about 1:30 left. We used up our timeouts and got the ball back around our own 40. King threw a quick out to Ron Morris, who faked like he was going out of bounds. None of the Baylor DB's hit him hard enough to knock him out of bounds, so he just kept running down the sideline for a TD. That was also the same day that UT tied OU on several questionable calls at the Cotton Bowl.

[This message has been edited by Stallion (edited 07-07-2003).]</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
M Street Stang
Scout Team

Postby Pegasus » Tue Jul 08, 2003 11:37 pm

yes that was a double reverse!!! very good stallion!
Pegasus
Scout Team

Return to Football