PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Nice Guys

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Nice Guys

Postby Nacho » Tue Jul 08, 2003 5:13 pm

It has occurred to me that maybe we are too nice. I don't mean too nice like like Pee-Wee Herman (boy is that another story). I mean we are too nice in general. We do things like wear khakis and ties--things that could get you killed on a football field. Think about it. Yanked to the ground by a tie tackle. Way ouch! I digress. I am saying that we should be mean. Step all over people, just like Hollywood stars. Do you think Tom Hanks is really a nice guy? Me either. That guy would probably sell his mother if it made him another million. That's my rant for today. Food for thought.

Nacho, how is that post helping me, you ask. This is not a self-help board. I am not Dr Phil! I am not helping you, per se. I am just trying to help our team in its never-ending struggle to find acceptance, be it in a conference or whatever. The rant went on for an extra paragraph. Sorry.

[This message has been edited by Nacho (edited 07-08-2003).]
Nacho
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Nice Guys

Postby OldPony » Tue Jul 08, 2003 5:32 pm

Are you suggesting a name change for the Mustangs? ie MeanMothers or A$$Kickers?
OldPony
Heisman

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Tue Jul 08, 2003 5:44 pm

I like the MeanMothers one!

------------------
Let That Pony Pride Ride!
Get Ready...Mustangs Never Die!!
GO LOBOS!! THE 66 YEAR WAIT IS OVER!!
Mustangs35SMU

Postby Nacho » Tue Jul 08, 2003 5:52 pm

I'm not sure how to respond to that. My suggestion has taken an unexpected turn.

I had a good salad today at Le Madeline, whick I refer to as Freedom Madeline.
Nacho

Postby Eddie P » Tue Jul 08, 2003 6:03 pm

I know a girl we call Freedom. She's not very nice. Maybe we can hook Nacho and her up.

Postby MustangKurt20 » Tue Jul 08, 2003 6:09 pm

yuck..I hate that place. Me being the country boy that I am we don't have places like La Madeline back home! Don't much care for them either!! lol..it basically comes down to SMU needing to totally RETOOL its public image as a snobby elitist snotty nosed white kid school. Now we do that by charging nearly 40K annually to attend is beyond me.

Kurt
Basically, I'm a badass.
MustangKurt20
Junior Varsity

Postby Dooby » Tue Jul 08, 2003 6:16 pm

After reading this post, I kicked a puppy.

HULK SMASH!!!
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Dooby
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby OldPony » Tue Jul 08, 2003 6:17 pm

Talk about getting tougher and then admit you ate at LaMadeline's. Whoa boy. I hope you and the housewives had a pleasant midday repast.
OldPony
Heisman

Postby Ksig_Stang » Tue Jul 08, 2003 6:24 pm

I had never been to Le Madeline until they took Pony. Thank God for Pony. Their country potato soup is a sure-cure for hangovers Sat. and Sun. morning/afternoons.

[This message has been edited by Ksig_Stang (edited 07-08-2003).]
Ksig_Stang

Postby Greenwich Pony » Tue Jul 08, 2003 7:38 pm

Y'all need to run across the street and get yourself some 7-11 nachos, some beef jerky and a bottle of Wild Turkey quick!!!

While that froggie (the French kind, not the purple kind) restaurant does a divine strawberries Romanov, it won't help toughen up the ole' image...

[This message has been edited by Greenwich Pony (edited 07-08-2003).]
Support the Commitment! We're all SMU Mustangs fans- we should all be committed!
Greenwich Pony
Varsity

Postby ponyte » Wed Jul 09, 2003 11:33 am

All we need to do is win. Bear Bryant and Darrell Royal had teams that would kick one's arse with class. We can do that as well.

We don't need a Dennis Erickson for a coach. We have a class act in Bennett. We had an in your face hotdog coach with Bobby Collins. I was not proud to see our players doing some kind of tribal dance after making tackles. That isn't the SMU I want.
ponyte

Postby Water Pony » Wed Jul 09, 2003 11:56 am

Mustangs Are Stomping Back, Driving the Herd!
Pony Up
Water Pony

Return to Football