PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU MAIL OUTS FOR TICKETS!

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

SMU MAIL OUTS FOR TICKETS!

Postby MrMustang1965 » Tue Jul 08, 2003 6:45 pm

This past weekend several of my Dallasite friends received slick mailouts from the SMU Athletic Department urging them to buy season or individual game tickets! THIS IS THE WAY TO BUILD A FAN BASE! ALL of these people live in different parts of the Dallas-Ft. Worth area. Did anyone else receive similar mailings? Only one of my friends is a former season ticket holder...the rest are just Dallas residents with no ties to SMU. SOMEONE GOT IT RIGHT! KEEP IT UP!

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!" S.M.U. SPIRIT: IT STARTS NOW!
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: SMU MAIL OUTS FOR TICKETS!

Postby SMUguy » Tue Jul 08, 2003 6:51 pm

I got a similar mailout recently. Unnecessary, because I go to all the games anyway, but I was thrilled to see it in the mail. I hope the school sent out thousands of them.
Well done, marketing guys!
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."
"Hit it."
SMUguy
Heisman

Postby PK » Tue Jul 08, 2003 7:04 pm

Ditto!
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Southland » Tue Jul 08, 2003 7:42 pm

Glad to hear SMU has a Direct Mail campaign going... would love to see partnership deals with local Ford dealerships or super markets for ticket giveaways next.

E.g- buy a Mustang from July 15-31, get SMU season tickets... spend $100 from Aug 1-14 at Kroger get two tickets to an SMU home game...

...something to stimulate on-air consumer marketing.
Southland
Varsity

Postby Thumper » Tue Jul 08, 2003 7:44 pm

GREAT ideas, Southland!
Thumper
Varsity

Return to Football