PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Season tickets

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Season tickets

Postby stang83 » Wed Jul 09, 2003 1:54 pm

I wanted to remind everyone to renew their season tickets as soon as possible. There are a lot of people who have yet to renew their seats and if you know someone who has tickets remind them that they need to renew.
stang83

Re: Season tickets

Postby cowboypony » Wed Jul 09, 2003 2:00 pm

Anyone know where our sales stand right now? What is the goal? What was last year? What was the number of season tickets sold in Ford's first year?
cowboypony
Junior Varsity

Postby The CPC » Wed Jul 09, 2003 2:15 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cowboypony:
<B>Anyone know where our sales stand right now? What is the goal? What was last year? What was the number of season tickets sold in Ford's first year?

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

a month ago renewals were around 4,000, havent heard any updates since then. Last years sales were around 5,600. First year of Ford was around 10,000.

Why is it so critical to renew in a hurry right now? The "deadline" for renewal was 3 months ago. And the season doesnt start for 6 weeks. If someone missed the deadline, why is it so critical to hurry up now? Is there a new "deadline?"
Some will tell you that a glass is half empty, and others that the same glass is half full. But all CPC really wants to know is...... does the drink taste good?
The CPC
Junior Varsity

Postby stang83 » Wed Jul 09, 2003 6:06 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Why is it so critical to renew in a hurry right now? The "deadline" for renewal was 3 months ago. And the season doesnt start for 6 weeks. If someone missed the deadline, why is it so critical to hurry up now? Is there a new "deadline?"</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just had a conversation with the new sales manager and he was informing me that it makes it difficult to sell new tickets when 1000 people have yet to renew their seats. Some people have tickets held and can't be sold as long as they are on hold. Now to answer a question you may ask, some tickets are sold if not renewed but SMU recognizes that many people have longstanding relationships with the football team and have been long time supporters. If necessary SMU will sell those seats but since SMU, I think is being extremely nice about this, it is the fans not renewing their seats that are holding back sales.
stang83

Return to Football