PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

The Road Less Travelled

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

The Road Less Travelled

Postby Water Pony » Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:05 am

Here is a very thoughtful article from a Rutgers fan, which the NCAA and all University Presidents should read and appreciate. It reminds me of the pride we have when declaring we have a degree from SMU.

<A HREF="http://rutgers.theinsiders.com/2/120552.html" TARGET=_blank>http://rutgers.theinsiders.com/2/120552.html</A>
Pony Up
Water Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: The Road Less Travelled

Postby bubba pony » Fri Jul 11, 2003 7:14 am

that was a well written article. nice find.
by the way, Rutgers vs Princeton was the very first college football game. Rutgers won. I like to see SMU play Rutgers so we alumni up in the NYC area could get a look at our Mustangs.
bubba pony
Heisman

Postby OlePony » Fri Jul 11, 2003 6:46 pm

I don't think that writer was really from Rutgers. It was too articulate (: The UofNJ----- Rutgers for the unwashed) is not considered an equal academically with schools such as TCU, BC,Navy,Army,Syracuse etc.
The part about regional competiton and the NCAA needing to step up to be counted was right on the money though. The NCAA must decide whether it or the BCS is the governing body. If the BCS schools pull out of the NCAA, so be it. There are 46% of the football teams almost totally cut out of the money now. In basketball though, there are many more which would be if not for the NCAA tourney. Approximately 150 schools play D-1 basketball outside of the BCS schools. The NCAA championship in b'ball would be a farce if these schools were not part of the tournament. It is time for the NCAA to say to the BCS "we will not allow you to kill the non-BCS members of this instituion-Football and basketball will have playoffs and here is how they will work. The first bowls who commit to the playoffs will be the chosen".
OlePony
Recruit

Postby fan » Fri Jul 11, 2003 8:29 pm

I say AMEN to the article and the post from Ole pony. The NCAA MUST have a football playoff.
fan
Varsity

Return to Football