PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

great to have you back

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

great to have you back

Postby AtillatheCoog » Sat Jul 12, 2003 3:16 pm

Looking forward to having SMU in the league. Baring some wierd twist I think it will be a reality by the end of this summer. No one stays down forever and SMU will be back soon in full force. This new CUSA could end up being a super league. Much better than what we have had. Good luch in 2003.
AtillatheCoog

Re: great to have you back

Postby PonyTales » Sun Jul 13, 2003 4:12 pm

And good luck to you, as well - thanks for your encouragement.

Question: you make it sound like SMU and Houston are a done deal to end up in the same conference? Is there something I've missed?

Why did Barrick Nealy leave UH?

And what do you know about a former Dallas Hillcrest QB (I forget his name) who went to UH a few years ago? Is he playing? Will he factor in the QB rotation? I met him once - very nice kid, and I'm hoping he does well.
PonyTales
Heisman

Postby MrMustang1965 » Mon Jul 14, 2003 12:38 am

Barrick Nealy pulled a 'McCown'...found out he could get more playing time in a Div.1-AA program (Southwest Texas State, er...Texas State University!) and have a better chance at the pros. Plus, it appeared that his playing style wasn't going to fit in with the new Coogs' program.

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!" S.M.U. SPIRIT: IT STARTS NOW!
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Pony Nation » Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:31 am

So is C-USA a done deal? Does UH know something we don't?

If it's true, then I welcome the change, and look forward to whooping the Frogs asses, as well as the Cougs, in the coming seasons.

SMU: Next C-USA dynasty?
Go Ponies<P>\"History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats.\" - B. C. Forbes
Pony Nation

Postby Fresh » Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:15 am

YES!
Fresh
Varsity

Return to Football