PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

ShanD - ???? Freshmen QB's???

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

ShanD - ???? Freshmen QB's???

Postby PonySnob » Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:42 pm

Any word on how ShanD's rehabilitation is coming along and if he will be able to play this year?
With regards to the two incoming freshmen QB's does either one of them pass Tate Wallis as the #2 QB going into fall practice?
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: ShanD - ???? Freshmen QB's???

Postby BleedingRed+Blue » Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:57 am

I haven't heard anything about ShanDerrick's back.

I have heard, though, that the coaches love Phillips and especially Meeks. It wouldn't surprise me to see either one of them earn the #2 QB spot.
BleedingRed+Blue
All-American

Postby PerunaPunch » Tue Jul 15, 2003 1:20 pm

I've heard that the coaches haven't ruled out the possibility of Meeks or Philips starting. Sounds pretty farfetched to me, and it’s probably just ‘coach-speak’... You know...

“Look here son, if you come in and work hard, you’ll have a chance to play”...

But in any interpretation, I think that means that if they’re not challenging immediately, the coaches believe that they both have the talent to challenge soon. Let’s see how much of the offense they can absorb this summer and fall.

Of course, I don’t think anyone expected Bartel to have made the strides he did this offseason either. So he may be well on the way to entrenching himself as the starter.
"It's a couple hundred million dollars. I'm not losing sleep over it." -- David Miller
PerunaPunch
Hall of Famer

Postby The PonyGrad » Tue Jul 15, 2003 4:51 pm

PP that is good to hear because if you have 3-4 QBs challenging for the starting spot, that means you really don't have any.
Go Ponies!!
Beat whoever it is we are playing!!

@PonyGrad
The PonyGrad
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football