PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Water, water, anywhere...?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Water, water, anywhere...?

Postby smudad » Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:40 pm

With all the talk about the new field and a comment or two about the shape of the practice field, I have to ask about the issue of water. Faithful #1 Son, FWMustang, reports that we had the field condition of last year and now perhaps the practice field of this year because of water rationing in Dallas!? Can SMU really not get water? I can't imagine any condition in Ft. Worth that would deprive the frogs of their ability to water Amon Carter. True enough, we haven't had the rationing in Ft. Worth. But even if we did, tcu would get water for fields. My more tech accepting sons tell me this field is not like the old astro turf and very closely simulates grass. I'll believe it when I see it at Augusta Natl. I'll guarantee you, in the first few games they won't be able to simulate grass tempratures. I would hate to think we had to go to plastic for lack of water.
Long live Thomas Sowell!
smudad
Varsity

Re: Water, water, anywhere...?

Postby abezontar » Tue Jul 15, 2003 4:28 pm

I think we went to plastic because of overuse of the old field. They were wanting to put in lots of games in Ford to help with recruiting and the field doesn't hold up too well under constant use no mater how much you water it.
The donkey's name is Kiki.

On a side note, anybody need a patent attorney?

Good, Bad...I'm the one with the gun.
abezontar
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby FloridaMustang » Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:22 pm

Kids, kids, it's not "plastic." IF you've never felt the stuff, you just don't understand how real this stuff feels.
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby smudad » Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:46 pm

Can you walk in bare feet on it right now, in today's heat? But the initial issue was water. Do we have any. Or are we just like some other schmuck with a lawn?

[This message has been edited by smudad (edited 07-15-2003).]
Long live Thomas Sowell!
smudad
Varsity

Postby SMUstang » Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:54 pm

SMUdad - maybe that is the reason that our first home game is 3 weeks into the season and at night as well.
SMUstang
Heisman

Return to Football