PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Richard Bartel

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Richard Bartel

Postby UNTLifer » Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:56 pm

I'm sure you can tell by my username which local school I support, but I am not on here to throw out opinions or talk trash.

Richard Bartel spoke at my church this weekend about his tough childhood, how he ended up in Grapevine and at SMU, and his future goals. He is an outstanding young man that has overcome more in his short lifetime, than anyone should ever be asked to deal with. He has a fan in this UNT faithful, and I hope ya'll realize how lucky you are to have a quality young man as your starting quarterback. Good luck to Richard and the Mustangs in 2003. I look forward to the time we can renew playing each other in the future.

[This message has been edited by UNTLifer (edited 07-15-2003).]

UNTLifer

Re: Richard Bartel

Postby MrMustang1965 » Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:02 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by UNTLifer:
<B>I'm sure you can tell by my username which local school I support, but I am not on here to throw out opinions or talk trash.

Richard Bartel spoke at my church this weekend about his tough childhood, how he ended up in Grapevine and at SMU, and his future goals. He is an outstanding young man that has overcome more in his short lifetime, than anyone should ever be asked to deal with. He has a fan in this UNT faithful, and I hope ya'll realize how lucky you are to have a quality young man as your starting quarterback. Good luck to Richard and the Mustangs in 2003. I look forward to the time we can renew playing each other in the future.

[This message has been edited by UNTLifer (edited 07-15-2003).]</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks! We're all pretty proud of Bartel, too! Hopefully the youth congregation at your church was inspired by him. And here's hoping that we can renew that friendly rivalry soon!

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!" S.M.U. SPIRIT: IT STARTS NOW!
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Corso » Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:44 pm

Best post ever from a UNT-er. Many thanks!
We're starting to realize what a gem we have in Bartel, and looking forward to watching him grow with the team this year.
Corso
Hall of Famer

Postby The PonyGrad » Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:54 pm

It certainly appeared from his public statements during the time he was on the bench last season that he was/is a class act.
Go Ponies!!
Beat whoever it is we are playing!!

@PonyGrad
The PonyGrad
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football