PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

My 4 Year SMU Progression Plan

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

My 4 Year SMU Progression Plan

Postby MustangKurt20 » Tue Jul 15, 2003 8:32 pm

Ok...maybe I should say "progression wish". I choose not to believe in fairy tales and try to be both optomistic and realistic at the same time. Here is what I hope to see from SMU in the following 4 seasons REALISTICALLY

2003- 5 wins 7 losses. An improvement but still a lot of young guys out there. We'll see enough signs that we're headed in the right direction and Bennett is able to land an even more impressive crop of recruits despite a limited number of scholarships to dole out.
2004- 7 wins 5 losses. FINALLY! A winning season!!! We end our affiliation w/ the WAC on a high note and make a serious gripe for a bowl game. Bennett is able to again recruit his pants off and SMU signs a consensus Top 30 Recruiting Class.
2005- 8 wins 4 losses. We open CUSA solid w/ some impressive wins over Tulane and TCU. Still a lot of tough games on the schedule but we make our first bowl game post dp. Recruiting continues to soar and SMU climbs into the upper crust of Top 25 Recruiting Classes.
2006- 10 wins 2 losses. Holy smokes! We did it!!! In only our second season in CUSA we win the conference and then go on to win the Liberty Bowl. SMU is whispered in BCS conference affiliation b/c of the incredible upswing and improved attendance and recruiting.

ahhhhhh .... Image

Kurt
Basically, I'm a badass.
MustangKurt20
Junior Varsity

Re: My 4 Year SMU Progression Plan

Postby PK » Tue Jul 15, 2003 8:36 pm

I like your "vision" Kurt. Keep that crystal ball polished.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby KnuckleStang » Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:29 pm

2003: 4-8 (ugh)
2004: 4-8 (uuuuughh)
2005: 8-4 (sweeet)
2006: 9-3 (sweeeeeeet)
2007: 11-1!!! (then Bennett goes to coach A&M. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooo!!!!!) Image
KnuckleStang
Hall of Famer

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:13 pm

4 wins would be a big improvement this year, considering the schedule. By 2004, I expect we will be much more competitive in WAC play, bringing a .500 season within reach. Schedules/conferences could change dramatically by 2005, so no long term predictions from me.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Pony Nation » Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:49 pm

I'd see Barnett going back to Kansas State before A&M.

Not that that means anything.

10-2 in 2006

------------------
Go Ponies

"History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats." - B. C. Forbes
Go Ponies<P>\"History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats.\" - B. C. Forbes
Pony Nation

Return to Football