PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

UTEP

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

UTEP

Postby Nacho » Wed Jul 16, 2003 10:19 am

<A HREF="http://www.borderlandnews.com/stories/sports/joemuench/20030716-136926.shtml" TARGET=_blank>http://www.borderlandnews.com/stories/sports/joemuench/20030716-136926.shtml</A>
Nacho
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: UTEP

Postby OldPony » Wed Jul 16, 2003 10:21 am

Yes, things could be worse. We could be UTEP.
OldPony
Heisman

Postby Nacho » Wed Jul 16, 2003 10:40 am

UTEP is in a sort of a no man's land. Not east and not west, at least in terms of the WAC. Most people in Texas don't even consider it part of Texas. It's even in a different time zone.

I think this writer went to NMSU. He loves to give it to UTEP.

I'ts a slow day in the expansion biz. This is the best I could come up with.
Nacho
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Pony Nation » Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:02 am

It may suck to be a UTEP fan, but they did win the WAC crown a couple of years ago, and got a bowl bid.

That's something, I guess.

------------------
Go Ponies

"History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats." - B. C. Forbes
Go Ponies<P>\"History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats.\" - B. C. Forbes
Pony Nation

Postby NavyCrimson » Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:09 am

its just so strange why the billy-goats didn't ask them to join when they broke off back in '99 or whenever since they were originally a member before the wac 16.

talking about being slighted?!
BRING BACK THE GLORY DAYS OF SMU FOOTBALL!!!

For some strange reason, one of the few universities that REFUSE to use their school colors: Harvard Crimson & Yale Blue.
NavyCrimson
PonyFans.com Legend

Location: Simi Valley-CA (Hm of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library)

Postby GoRedGoBlue » Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:11 am

his article makes sense. UTEP, while praying to join the MWC, might end up with the leftovers of the WAC-west, and lose out on a potential conference of WAC-east schools.

He shows history of UTEP being rejected from the BYU's and UNM's in the original (1961) WAC, and the MWC.
GoRedGoBlue
Heisman

Return to Football