PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

C-USA

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

C-USA

Postby Nacho » Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:58 am

Go down to where it says Beale street

<A HREF="http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/6483719" TARGET=_blank>http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/6483719</A>

[This message has been edited by Nacho (edited 07-17-2003).]
Nacho
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: C-USA

Postby Southland » Thu Jul 17, 2003 2:09 pm

Keep in mind this is the same guy who wrote an entire article on the expansion of the Moutatin West with.... UNLV, a charter member of the conference.

Here, his math is off... 6 Big East schools + Louisville, Cincinnati, Memphis = 9... he is either including Temple, who won't be in the conference, or Notre Dame, who won't participate in football.

He also mentions SMU as part of the Western CUSA schools.

I normally like your posts, but stay away from this guy; he is a bad source, and a terrible writer (I not going to call him a journalist).
Southland
Varsity

Postby Nacho » Thu Jul 17, 2003 2:56 pm

I wondered when someone would say something about SMU in western C-USA.

It amazes me how some of these guys who do this kind of thing for a living get so many of their basic facts wrong. Maybe it's a good thing they became sportswriters instead of accountants and lawyers, as apparently everyone did who ever went to SMU. I think they see C-USA, the WAC and MWC not to mention the SBC and MAC as some kind of amorphous hinterland.
Nacho

Postby Nacho » Thu Jul 17, 2003 3:09 pm

There is some discusssion on the Southern Miss board about this same article. They think that maybe by SMU he is referring to them. Kind of doubtful but I've seen that done before. These writers have written so many expansion articles by now that they probably couldn't tell you where Miami went.

I just link 'em, I don't write 'em.
Nacho

Postby FloridaMustang » Thu Jul 17, 2003 5:23 pm

The writer is definitely referring to Southern Miss. That's pretty clear to me.
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Southland » Thu Jul 17, 2003 5:27 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by UNFMustang06:
<B>The writer is definitely referring to Southern Miss. That's pretty clear to me.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great... further proof of the lack of effort put in, since Southern Miss refers to itself as USM...

<A HREF="http://www.usm.edu" TARGET=_blank>www.usm.edu</A>
Southland
Varsity

Postby OldPony » Thu Jul 17, 2003 5:56 pm

I think they left the S out of Southwest Missouri State University. Is there a Southern Montana? None of these writers know what they are talking about and neither do the schools involved at this point. This ahs gotten worse than Monty Hall- Let's Make a Deal!!
OldPony
Heisman

Postby RANDALL JONES » Thu Jul 17, 2003 7:12 pm

Southland, the 6 BE schools would be - BC, UConn replacing Temple, Syracuse, Rutgers, Pitt, and WVa.
bleedgren64
RANDALL JONES

Postby Southland » Thu Jul 17, 2003 7:37 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RANDALL JONES:
<B>Southland, the 6 BE schools would be - BC, UConn replacing Temple, Syracuse, Rutgers, Pitt, and WVa.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes, I know, thanks... he is counting either Temple or Notre Dame as a seventh, which is how he can get to 10 adding Louisville, Cincinnati and Memphis...
Southland
Varsity

Return to Football