PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Sorry, Charlie!

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Sorry, Charlie!

Postby Bergermeister » Thu Jul 17, 2003 7:14 pm

The end zone is NOT Navy Blue. Now, you can call it Navy Blue, view it at midnight from a 32 degree angle from a 8th floor room in the illustrious Santa Fe Inn or you can rename the Crayolas to make your argument. The sun shouldn't have to be at this angle or that for it to "appear" to be our school color. The fact is, it's not the right color. So, will it be fixed (replaced) now or after the season? You can take my U.S. Navy dress blues (no use to me, they don't quite fit anymore) down on the field and lay them in the end zone. Somebody GOOFED!
Bergermeister
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Sorry, Charlie!

Postby MrMustang1965 » Thu Jul 17, 2003 7:36 pm

Image Well, damn. Guess they should have checked with you first, huh? Image

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!" S.M.U. SPIRIT: IT STARTS NOW!
MrMustang1965

Postby GoRedGoBlue » Thu Jul 17, 2003 7:45 pm

It is Navy Blue.

If you stand and look across the end zone, and compare / contrast the field with the end zone pads on the brick walls beyond it (this pad--> <A HREF="http://www.smumustangs.com/facilities/fordstadium/aturf/0612/Pic01.jpg" TARGET=_blank>http://www.smumustangs.com/facilities/fordstadium/aturf/0612/Pic01.jpg</A> ), it is nearly the same color. Yes, it is a little bit 'lighter', but barely.

When you have WHITE letters added, and the black rubber pellets within, it will appear even closer.

It is NOT, NOT Royal Blue like this picture suggests:

<A HREF="http://www.smumustangs.com/facilities/fordstadium/aturf/0714/Pic06.jpg" TARGET=_blank>http://www.smumustangs.com/facilities/fordstadium/aturf/0714/Pic06.jpg</A>

Thats the fact jack.
GoRedGoBlue
Heisman

Postby GoRedGoBlue » Thu Jul 17, 2003 7:57 pm

BTW, they could rename Crayolas since they are an official sponsor...

<A HREF="http://www.smumustangs.com/marketing/partners.asp" TARGET=_blank>http://www.smumustangs.com/marketing/partners.asp</A>
GoRedGoBlue
Heisman

Postby MrMustang1965 » Thu Jul 17, 2003 7:59 pm

GRGB: Good catch! Image

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!" S.M.U. SPIRIT: IT STARTS NOW!
MrMustang1965

Postby Peruna's Pal » Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:32 pm

I saw the field yeesterday and it is Navy to my eyes and looks FAN"****"INGTASTIC!!!!
Peruna's Pal

Postby Sonic » Fri Jul 18, 2003 10:30 am

I went by the field yesterday and spoke with one of the workers laying down the surface. He said that it is really hard to match colors especially on such a large scale. Not making excuses... I'm just the messenger here. It does appear lighter than Navy, but it is not the electric blue appearing in the pictures on the web site.

Let's quit [deleted] about little stuff like this and just start looking forward to the season. It will look great, regardless of color.
Sonic
Scout Team

Postby Hoop Fan » Fri Jul 18, 2003 11:12 am

How did you guys see it? When I went by early evening everything was locked up with signs saying no fans or onlookers allowed.
Hoop Fan

Postby PK » Fri Jul 18, 2003 11:39 am

I don't know about the other guys, but I went to the SE corner of the stadium to look. If you walk out into the grassed area you can see a small portion of the north endzone. I was there about 7pm. The portion in the shade definitely had the look of navy, but the portion in the sunlight looked somewhat lighter in color. It's still not anywhere near the color in the photo.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK

Postby GoRedGoBlue » Fri Jul 18, 2003 12:42 pm

Here's the secret:

1) Be unemployed, that way you have lots of time to go during the day while they are working on it.

2) Go, during the day, to the South West corner, there is a gate that is open by the tunnel (just North of the tunnel, just South of the West stands) where the workers go in and out...you can walk all the way to the edge and look down.

Please note, the first Men's bathroom on the West side is locked, but the Women's bathroom to the right (as you walk NORTH under the grand stands) is available. I did not walk further to check the next Men's facility.

NOTE: I would imagine that you are NOT supposed to be in this area at all.
GoRedGoBlue
Heisman

Postby ponyboy » Fri Jul 18, 2003 2:23 pm

Man, are you gonna email me, RB? wildtrout@gtemail.net
I’m coming home
I’m coming home
Tell the World I’m coming home
ponyboy

Return to Football