PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Who's the #2 RB

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Who's the #2 RB

Postby PerunaPunch » Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:06 pm

I'd be willing to put money down that Fitzgerald will take carries away from KK. Still, KK will be #1, and I can't help but believe that he'll have a more productive year with some balance from the passing game.

And I know Massey wants to start from Day 1. This fall is going to be EXTREMELY interesting from a fan standpoint.

I'm most interested to see how the offensive line shapes up. Dying to see how everybody looks once the hittin' starts.
"It's a couple hundred million dollars. I'm not losing sleep over it." -- David Miller
PerunaPunch
Hall of Famer

Postby Corso » Mon Jul 21, 2003 7:06 pm

I'm curious to see how the handling of Richuel Massey (play vs. redshirt) affects the recruiting of his brother.
Corso
Hall of Famer

Postby Stallion » Mon Jul 21, 2003 8:18 pm

you ought to factor in as well Bennett's past stated policy that he doesn't believe in alternating RBs too much. He stated last year on several occassions that he prefers to go with his best RB as a workhorse-I disagree with that policy completely and think that it adversely affects the team in the 4th Q. Give me mulitiple quality RBs and use them all just like Pony Express I and II. SMU owned their oppoenents in large part due to depth in the 1980s.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby GoRedGoBlue » Mon Jul 21, 2003 8:49 pm

I agree with a small stable, but not the CAVAN-esque alternating of RBs like the LaTech game in Shreveport...where he used 5 RBs and also a seldom used Sr. RB and he up and fumbled, putting the game further out of reach...
GoRedGoBlue
Heisman

Postby gostangs » Tue Jul 22, 2003 12:27 am

Disagree with Stallion - Dickerson would have won the Heisman and we would have won the national championship if Dickerson had gotten the carries he deserved - he was by far the best and the split of time cost us dearly
gostangs
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Previous

Return to Football