PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

EA Sports NCAA Football 2004

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

EA Sports NCAA Football 2004

Postby smu1975 » Sun Jul 20, 2003 1:45 am

Must brag on my 10 year old son. We just got a copy of this game for our PS2. I tried the SMU-BYU challenge game and could only get within 3 points. On about my son's 4th or 5th try, he was able to take BYU to victory. So, he unlocked the 1980 SMU team for all our family to use. Dickerson and James ride again!
smu1975

Re: EA Sports NCAA Football 2004

Postby braginator » Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:10 pm

Anyone know of a place to buy the actual PS2 memory card with the updated NCAA 2004 rosters, etc. already on them?
braginator
Junior Varsity

Postby BillBored » Tue Jul 22, 2003 12:18 pm

My big bro and I spent hours last night trying to beat SMU with BYU in the challenge. Is the key to winning the computer matchup all about winning the onside kicks?

I was in a crib during the real game. What did BYU do to come back on us so quick?
Harvard: The SMU of the North
BillBored
Recruit

Postby EastStang » Tue Jul 22, 2003 12:41 pm

Jim McMahon aired it out and aired it out, and their defense stiffened in the second half and to be honest our offense stopped trying perhaps out of sportsmanship. Their second half adjustments just shut us down offensively.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SmooPower » Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:46 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BillBored:
<B>My big bro and I spent hours last night trying to beat SMU with BYU in the challenge.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you get too frustrated with it you can always turn the difficulty level down and bump up the human AI sliders while lowering the CPU AI sliders. Then you only really need to get one onsides kick to win it.
SmooPower
Heisman

Postby PonyTime » Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:58 pm

I believe that there was a blocked punt returned for a TD involved in that game, along with an on-sides kick.

Total complete meltdown in the last three minutes.

I have only seen the game on ESPN Classic - I cannot imagine what it must have been like to actually be there in San Diego!!!

I still ahven't been able to beat SMU - and I have messed with the difficulty, sliders, etc.
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby gostangs » Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:09 pm

I was there, but after years of therapy I don't rembember much of the game. At the risk of sounding like an OU fan, there was one horrible pass int. call - we yelled down at the ref and he actually said "what difference does it make" - a few minutes later one of the most unbelievable comebacks in college football history was complete. I rooted against Jim McMahon for the rest of his career - imature I know but I couldn't help it.
gostangs
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football