PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

ROLL CALL: WHO'S GOING TO LUBBOCK?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: ROLL CALL: WHO'S GOING TO LUBBOCK?

Postby MrMustang1965 » Thu Jul 24, 2003 12:42 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Eddie P:
<B>MethodistMustang-

If you go to the game I will buy your ticket and have it left at will-call.
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eddie P.: YOU ARE DA MAN! Is there anyone out there who can give MethodistMustang a ride to the game?

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!" S.M.U. SPIRIT: IT STARTS NOW!
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby dirty30samoa » Thu Jul 24, 2003 1:46 am

I'll be there!
dirty30samoa

Postby MrMustang1965 » Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:07 am

So far, that's about two dozen Mustang supporters at the TT game from this board. (That's NOT counting the Mustang Band!)...Come on folks! We need to get some more people to Lubbock for the Mustangs!

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!" S.M.U. SPIRIT: IT STARTS NOW!
MrMustang1965

Postby DiamondM » Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:21 pm

The other DiamondM is going to be in Lubbock, fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you look at it, with her husband RaiderRed. I'm hoping to have a reason to really yell and annoy the other Red Raiders in the stands around me.
DiamondM
Heisman

Postby MustangSally » Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:50 pm

BAND UPDATE: I am pretty sure we (the band) will be taking a bus, spending the night, and then coming back the next morning. We have a fun schedule this year: all home games, Tech, Baylor, and I believe we are also going to La Tech. Also, my schedule mentions that the Rice game will be a high school band day. I have been wanting to do one of these for a long time because I think it will help with band recruitment. Oh, and for any of you who noticed something was missing last year, we recruited a new twirler. If any of you would love to see "96 Guys and a Doll" instead of like 76 and a doll, feel fee to donate some money to the Diamond M Club. A little bit can go a long way.

PS The new CD is available at the Spirit Shop or in the Mustang Band office (cheaper there). Songs include Peruna, Pony Battle Cry, Varsity, Shanty Town, Dial M for Mustang, and many other stands tunes. Buy yours today!
From high on the hilltop, in Big D...
MustangSally
Varsity

Postby RED » Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:58 pm

I heard that there is a pre-game barbeque in a tent for just SMU folks at the stadium in Lubbock!
Come one, come all! Let's pack the tent and show a good crowd in the stands!
RED

Postby MrMustang1965 » Thu Jul 24, 2003 4:06 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RED:
<B>I heard that there is a pre-game barbeque in a tent for just SMU folks at the stadium in Lubbock!
Come one, come all! Let's pack the tent and show a good crowd in the stands!</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

DITTO!

------------------
MrMustang1965

Postby Raider Red » Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:01 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DiamondM:
<B>The other DiamondM is going to be in Lubbock, fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you look at it, with her husband RaiderRed. I'm hoping to have a reason to really yell and annoy the other Red Raiders in the stands around me.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

...and that reason will be that SMU's team comes running out of the tunnel. Then the game will start and DiamondM will be nice and quiet...

Yeah, right! Of course I know what I'm getting myself into, having endured three seasons of SMU football and basketball with DiamondM. Especially the time she was crowned SuperFan...I thought I'd never hear the end of it! Image

See y'all there!
Raider Red

Postby SAMustangmama » Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:55 pm

About 30 friends and relatives representing our QB will be in Lubbock to watch our first win of the season! We need a great showing of support for our team. Let's go an make some noise and pump our players up. After all, its College Football! GO MUSTANGS
AND WEAR MUSTANG COLORS!
SAMustangmama

Postby MrMustang1965 » Thu Jul 24, 2003 6:30 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SAMustangmama:
<B>About 30 friends and relatives representing our QB will be in Lubbock to watch our first win of the season! We need a great showing of support for our team. Let's go an make some noise and pump our players up. After all, its College Football! GO MUSTANGS
AND WEAR MUSTANG COLORS!</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fellow Mustangs: Say hello to QB Bartel's mother! We're all looking for him to 'shine' this year! And he's going to do it in Lubbock! I'M PUMPED! GO MUSTANGS!

------------------
MrMustang1965

Postby MrMustang1965 » Thu Jul 24, 2003 6:32 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Raider Red:
<B> ...and that reason will be that SMU's team comes running out of the tunnel. Then the game will start and DiamondM will be nice and quiet...

Yeah, right! Of course I know what I'm getting myself into, having endured three seasons of SMU football and basketball with DiamondM. Especially the time she was crowned SuperFan...I thought I'd never hear the end of it! Image

See y'all there!

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh oh! No 'nookie' for you tonite...and maybe not until the night of Aug. 30th! Image

------------------
MrMustang1965

Postby Pegasus » Thu Jul 24, 2003 10:33 pm

Howdy Bartel's mom! I met, and sat in front of you at OK. State last year. I will be there with several other people, AND THE GREATEST MUSTANG FAN TODAY is also going!!! I am proud to say he will be sitting beside me! GO STANGS!!!!
Pegasus
Scout Team

Postby MrMustang1965 » Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:42 pm

Approximately 60 folks, so far, on the 'roll call' for Lubbock/Texas Tech game (not including the Mustang Band!)...start making your travel plans now, Mustangs! First game is on Aug. 30th in Lubbock and we're gonna WIN! Be there to see the start of a winning season! Let's get some more Mustangs in the stands at Lubbock! Talk it up!!!! GO MUSTANGS!

------------------
MrMustang1965

Postby pony91 » Mon Jul 28, 2003 9:38 am

My wife and I will be there too. Can someone tell me a kickoff time. Smumustangs.com is down right now. Anyone else notice Lubbock looks like that town that Clint Eastwood painted red in High Plains Drifter!??
pony91
Scout Team

Postby MrMustang1965 » Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:51 pm

Pony91: Kickoff is at 6 p.m. Looking forward to having you there to cheer on our MUSTANGS!

------------------
MrMustang1965

Previous

Return to Football