PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

TV Coverage of the Texas Tech Game

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

TV Coverage of the Texas Tech Game

Postby PonyTime » Wed Jul 23, 2003 11:38 am

Tech Fans - Diamond M, Raider Red???

Anyone know if there will be any Dallas area TV Coverage of the Texas Tech game???

I know that the Tech B-Ball games were covered by that horrid network that had the bad Bobby Knight ads . . .

I will unfortunately be unable to attend, due to Labor Day weekend activities in Dallas.
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Re: TV Coverage of the Texas Tech Game

Postby WreckEm16 » Wed Jul 23, 2003 12:28 pm

I honestly don't know, but I doubt it.

Games that aren't huge are normally picked up a week or so in advance, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

------------------
And when I die
You can bury me
In Lubbock, Texas,
In my jeans.

-Mac Davis
And when I die<BR>You can bury me<BR>In Lubbock, Texas,<BR>In my jeans.<P>-Mac Davis
WreckEm16
Junior Varsity

Postby Raider Red » Wed Jul 23, 2003 12:46 pm

Come on! Those commercials are great! "Just like defense is a key to winning basketball, keeping fleas and ticks off your dog is key to canine health" (Or something like that). Plus there's Bob's five-directions-at-once eyebrows...awesome!

To answer your question, there will be no TV, since we're not UT or A&M. As far as football goes, Tech gets (relatively) screwed. (I say relatively since I know you guys would love to be on TV multiple times per year.) But don't get me started on the asinine selection of Big 12 TV games.
Raider Red

Postby WreckEm16 » Wed Jul 23, 2003 3:29 pm

My personal favorite. Image

"As a head basketball coach, I know that experience is important. And when you're thinking about laser eye surgery..."

------------------
And when I die
You can bury me
In Lubbock, Texas,
In my jeans.

-Mac Davis
And when I die<BR>You can bury me<BR>In Lubbock, Texas,<BR>In my jeans.<P>-Mac Davis
WreckEm16
Junior Varsity

Return to Football