PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Thought you guys might want to read this...

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Thought you guys might want to read this...

Postby exbearkat » Thu Jul 24, 2003 4:21 pm

First off, I am a Sam Houston fan, but stop by here from time to time just to see what is going on in Mustang land. (hope you guys don't mind) Image

Secondly, I was surfing McNeeses' (School in SH's Conference) website, and came across some info that you guys might be interested in. The following is a message from a very well respected person in the Southland:

July 24,2003

If you wonder why I have been posting the wrong dates from time to time, it is because I have lost track of the days. Friday will be my last day at the month long camp that I have been working at SMU. I finally get to move back home. The good news is that I got my first taste of fall football on Wednesday. Over 60 SMU football players have been showing up this summer to work out on campus. This is an outstanding number of players for a college program to have working out. Wednesday was testing day for the Mustangs, and I was able to view the workout up close and personal. The players were put through a battery of tests including shuttle runs, forties, and various other drills. It appears this team is ready for the season to begin. This is not to say you can expect the Mustangs in a bowl game this year - just an improved dedication from the team. I know most college programs have been having summer workouts on campus; we can only hope the Cowboys of McNeese have been keeping in shape as well. I am convinced that summer preparation goes a long way in keeping a team healthy during two-a-days. One thing is for sure: those that have lived in air-condition this summer will pay a heavy toll come August.
exbearkat

Re: Thought you guys might want to read this...

Postby PonyFan » Thu Jul 24, 2003 4:51 pm

You've got to love getting unbasied updates like that. I've seen some of the players this summer, and they look like they're in terrific shape.
As far as I'm concerned, Aug. 30 can't get here quick enough.
"What kind of weirdo school are they running over there in Fort Worth?"
- Randy Galloway
ESPN Radio (103.3 FM)
PonyFan
Heisman

Re: Thought you guys might want to read this...

Postby MrMustang1965 » Thu Jul 24, 2003 6:18 pm

Exbearkat: Thanks for the post! I'll see you on our 'other site' for Sam Houston State! GO MUSTANGS! GO BEARKATS!

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!" S.M.U. SPIRIT: IT STARTS NOW!
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football