PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU FB Coaches At Fouts Field On September 6'th

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

SMU FB Coaches At Fouts Field On September 6'th

Postby MeanGreenGem » Thu Jul 24, 2003 10:42 pm

Why? Baylor Bears vs North Texas Mean Green September 6,'th, 7:00 PM, Fouts Field, UNT campus. (As all of you on this board would know, SMU has an open date on 9/6/03, Labor Day weekend).

Whacha' bet the Greenbackers (alums) who'll BBQ a ton of brisket on the East Stadium practice field (between Fouts & the SuperPit) will gorge Phil Bennett and his 'Stang assistant coaches with some of the best BBQ this side of Angelos in
FW? All this sort of our version of "The Boulevard" without the boulevard.

Actually, Bennett and his assistants will receive a special invite to this BBQ. The TCU trainers and many of their alums did the Greenbacker BBQ 2 Falls ago. From what I hear, they were bragging about it while belching all the way back to the Town of the Cow. (But what a pukey' mixture there was that afternoon, purple and green for chrissakes)!!!! Image BTW, BYOB...

You SMU'ers can count this as an invite to come to venerable ol' Fouts & join your coaches, a bunch of greenies, greeny/goldies, and if you come, don't forget to wear your reddies/blues-eees gear for gosh sakes.

Just think, an excuse to come see Fouts Field in its last days. If anyone asks, you can tell 'em you came out to help your coaching staff scout the hell out of the BU-NT football game. Really, probably no one would ask--just give a friendly Texas nod if you know what I mean.

(Insert Norm Hitzges)>> uh oh! Uh Oh! UH OH!Because rumor has it that UNT Coach Darrell Dickey will probably give his longtime buddy, Phil Bennett & Company, the best spot in the Fouts Field Press Box for the scouting of the Baylor game. Come see Fouts Field before we knock the damn thing down! We'll send yall chunks of Fouts for Christmas, whadda' ya' think? Image

If you PonyFans.com fellers (and those "Maniacs" from the other board) grace us, (once again) do wear your SMU colors. Last Fall I had SMU co-worker as my special guests who sure as hell wore their red/blue gear at one of our games last year. Anyway, we'd be disappointed if you came incognito. TCU sure as hell wore their school colors (are they blue, lavender or purple--someone please enlighten me on that) among the greenies and seldom was heard a discouraging word as fams from both our schools were all really fairly busy putting down some Texas beef. Actually, the greenies and purple-types mostly talked college football/it was sorta' surreal, strange & kinda' fun to be honest about it. Actually met some new friends.

ACTUALLY, the Mean Green Nation will be pulling for your SMU Mustangs to kick some major Baylor butt the next weekend that you all play, you know, sort of a non-BCS thing, comprende'?

Make plans--come as a group--bring your appetites--come meet "your" coaches--sit together--we'll take no as an excuse--no ship, Sherlock! Image

[This message has been edited by MeanGreenGem (edited 07-25-2003).]
MeanGreenGem
Varsity

Re: SMU FB Coaches At Fouts Field On September 6'th

Postby The Q » Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:11 pm

Thanks for the invite, MGG! Might have to head up there for some of your BBQ.
And yes, I think you can bet your last nickel we'll have some coaches there.
The Q
Varsity

Postby EastStang » Fri Jul 25, 2003 1:29 pm

Gee coaches attending a game to scout an opponent, what a novel idea? The way MGG is carrying on, it must be a rare occurrance for them to show up at Fouts Field.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby MeanGreenGem » Fri Jul 25, 2003 2:36 pm

We usually don't (knowingly) let college scouts into Fouts because we have "college scouts social anxiety disorder" (CSSAD).

It seems they are usually scouting against us, though, ya' know? Image

Yall come now, 'ya hear (& bring a hearty appetite)! Image

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by EastStang:
<B>Gee coaches attending a game to scout an opponent, what a novel idea? The way MGG is carrying on, it must be a rare occurrance for them to show up at Fouts Field. </B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message has been edited by MeanGreenGem (edited 07-25-2003).]
MeanGreenGem
Varsity

Postby DiamondM » Fri Jul 25, 2003 4:31 pm

FYI, Labor Day Weekend is the weekend before September 6, i.e. August 30-31. It's always the weekend before the 1st Monday in September, which this year is September 1.
DiamondM
Heisman

Postby MeanGreenGem » Fri Jul 25, 2003 4:42 pm

You are absolutely right, thanks for that correction...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DiamondM:
<B>FYI, Labor Day Weekend is the weekend before September 6, i.e. August 30-31. It's always the weekend before the 1st Monday in September, which this year is September 1.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
MeanGreenGem
Varsity

Return to Football