PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Kincade's comment

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Kincade's comment

Postby Lefty » Fri Jul 25, 2003 6:52 pm

I'm glad to see the quote from Keylon in the Dallas Morning News story you have on your home page, about how having SMU to finish 7th in the WAC is a "slap in the face." From what I remember, there were some teams in years past that might have just shrugged their shoulders and sheepishly accepted that as their due fate. For him, as a senior and a team leader, to stand up like that and point out that the Ponies are due more respect than that shows the kind of leadership and fire I want to see in my team.
Lefty
All-American

Re: Kincade's comment

Postby Stallion » Fri Jul 25, 2003 6:54 pm

respect is earned-why does SMU DESERVE more respect after last year? If any team is consistently underrated it would probably be Rice which is picked below us.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby MustangKurt20 » Sat Jul 26, 2003 10:34 am

Rice does get screwed when it comes to preseason rankings. Based on what we did last year I think the #7 ranking is accurate, but I would be disappointed if we don't finish higher than that.

Kurt
Basically, I'm a badass.
MustangKurt20
Junior Varsity

Postby The PonyGrad » Sat Jul 26, 2003 10:46 am

I think the important point is not whether we deserve such a ranking or not. The point is how the players react to it and approach the season. KK's comments are a great and positive indication.
Go Ponies!!
Beat whoever it is we are playing!!

@PonyGrad
The PonyGrad
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Vitale » Sat Jul 26, 2003 1:52 pm

Right! I've had the pleasure of meeting Keylon, and he's as nice and soft-spoken as he can be, and to see him take the prediction personally is inspiring. Hopefully that will carry over to the rest of the team.
Vitale
All-American

Return to Football