PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Bob Hope #1 Mustang

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Bob Hope #1 Mustang

Postby bubba pony » Mon Jul 28, 2003 2:09 pm

thanks for the memories. we Love you at SMU and appreciated all you've done for our school.
bubba pony
Heisman

Re: Bob Hope #1 Mustang

Postby MrMustang1965 » Mon Jul 28, 2003 2:11 pm

Bubba Pony: See my post below for more about a great American and MUSTANG by choice.

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!" S.M.U. SPIRIT: IT STARTS NOW!
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby No Quarter » Mon Jul 28, 2003 5:42 pm

I don't know how many times Hope appeared at SMU. My wife and I saw him during our time there, back in the fifties, I guess. Good Show!

Sorry he's gone.
No Quarter
Heisman

Postby Sam I Am » Mon Jul 28, 2003 6:24 pm

Bob Hope loved playing the role of wimpy underdogs, and would have been able to find a way to make us laugh about our 14 years of football misfortunes at SMU. As Paul Havey noted today, Hope knew that the sounds of happiness and pain are much a like - an Hope chose laughter. So should we while waiting to rebuild our program.
Sam I Am
Sam I Am
Hall of Famer

Postby EastStang » Mon Jul 28, 2003 6:54 pm

He was a great friend of SMU and was one of (if not) the greatest comedians of the past century. Since he got sick, it was hard to fathom our troops in Iraq without Bob Hope going there to cheer them up. He made one SMU alumnae into a star, Morgan Fairchild. She seemed to always be on his specials and on his USO tours.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football