PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Donald Mitchell and SMU

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Donald Mitchell and SMU

Postby BUS » Wed Jul 30, 2003 7:10 pm

are both mentioned in the new Dallas Cowboy 2003 Preview magazine. Page 9 as the writer talks about how DM will play slot Corner in Nickel package.
Pretty Cool
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Donald Mitchell and SMU

Postby Lotus » Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:36 am

He's going to do great with Dallas. And other than Newman, they don't have great corners. I think he could even start.
SMU! SMU! SMU!
Lotus
All-American

Postby Phil Fan » Thu Jul 31, 2003 3:32 pm

He's a lot better than that Mario Edwards guy. Although Derek Ross seems like he's pretty talented. Maybe that's the main competition for Mitchell?
Phil Fan
Junior Varsity

Postby Mike Damone » Thu Jul 31, 2003 4:01 pm

Regardless of whether he manages to break into the starting lineup he will see significant playing time. They signed him because he has proven to be a very consistant and solid nickel-back in the league. The Tuna is all about adding depth and having players that understand their roles.
The attitude dictates that you don't care whether she comes, stays, lays, or prays. I mean whatever happens, your toes are still tappin'. Now when you got that, then you have the attitude.

-Me
Mike Damone
All-American

Postby Mike Damone » Thu Jul 31, 2003 4:08 pm

In today's Dallas Morning News:

Former SMU cornerback Donald Mitchell got an earful from Bill Parcells during the morning practice Thursday.

“You look slow,” Parcells shouted at Mitchell.

Parcells said he sees Mitchell, a Beaumont native who came over as an unrestricted free agent from Tennessee, playing as a nickel back and as a special teams player
The attitude dictates that you don't care whether she comes, stays, lays, or prays. I mean whatever happens, your toes are still tappin'. Now when you got that, then you have the attitude.

-Me
Mike Damone
All-American

Return to Football