PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Could someone be challenging Keylon?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Could someone be challenging Keylon?

Postby methodistmustang » Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:00 am

I talked to an unnamed player yesterday who seems to think he has a legit shot at taking the starting job from Keylon. Maybe he's dreaming but I do know that the decision was made not to redshirt him. If anyone, who could challenge Keylon Kincade?
SMU-THE University of Texas
methodistmustang
Scout Team

Re: Could someone be challenging Keylon?

Postby Mike Damone » Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:07 am

Decision made not to redshirt him? Sounds like Massey to me.
The attitude dictates that you don't care whether she comes, stays, lays, or prays. I mean whatever happens, your toes are still tappin'. Now when you got that, then you have the attitude.

-Me
Mike Damone
All-American

Re: Could someone be challenging Keylon?

Postby Roach » Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:10 am

The coaches love Johnnie Fitzgerald, and are extremely high on Richuel Massey. In fact, the coaches have said Massey will get every chance to run the ball, and he has said he expects to come in and play - right away.

Look at his quote in the PonyFans.com Recruiting Roundup: "I want to come in and succeed - I don't want to redshirt. My ultimate goal would be to come in and break the freshman rushing record, but I know nothing's going to be given to me. I have to show what I can do. Keylon Kincade is a great running back, and he's going to be a senior, so it's his job right now. But if I can come in and work hard and give him some competition, the whole team will get better. All I want is a chance."

That kind of confidence is tremendous, and certainly sounds like he expects to play. But despite his massive potential, and the promise shown by Fitzgerald, Kincade has to open the season as the starting tailback, wouldn't you think? After the year he had last year, and the fact that he's a senior, he deserves it. But I expect all three will get a lot of carries.
Plagiarize!
Let no one else's work evade your eyes.
Remember why the good lord made your eyes.
So don't shade your eyes, just
Plagiarize, plagiarize, plagiarize!

(Only be sure always to call it, please .... "research.")
Roach
Heisman

Return to Football