PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Baylor

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Baylor

Postby Nacho » Mon Aug 11, 2003 11:02 am

If this investigation spreads over into football Baylor could be in a world of hurt. Will Arkansas eventually replace Baylor and go to the Big 12 where they belong? I don't mean to cheap-shot Baylor but if this is going on in basketball you can bet your last dime it is going on in football too.

<A HREF="http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/6555853" TARGET=_blank>http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/6555853</A>
Nacho
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Baylor

Postby GoRedGoBlue » Mon Aug 11, 2003 11:40 am

Though ARK should be with the Texas schools because of recruiting, they won't allow themselves that due to pride and SEC money...they make more just staying put.

But, let's face it, since they joined the SEC they haven't really done ANYTHING in BBALL or FBALL..their good years in BBALL in the SEC were from SWC recruits.

The Big12 North is hurting now, if ARK joined, how unfair would it be then?
GoRedGoBlue
Heisman

Postby GoRedGoBlue » Mon Aug 11, 2003 11:44 am

I said it before and I'll say it AGAIN, if TEXAS hadn't sucked in the early 90s and late 80s, the SWC wouldn't have needed to break apart. Period. If UT and aTm would have been the standard bearers that they are today, the storm could have been weathered.

Look at them NOW! Is anyone seriously going to say that the Big12 south couldn't break apart and add 3 other schools and STILL be a top conference?

There is no looming probation hovering over any of the Tex schools. With a TV contract, there is no reason for the Texas recruits to go elsewhere.

With SEC probation looming, this only helps our kids stay home.

"Not after this fiasco. Not after the self-imposed basketball sanctions announced Friday, which are sure to grow when the NCAA gets involved. Not when Arkansas could and should have been the 12th member. Or TCU or SMU or Houston, three Southwest Conference members that got left out when the SWC was gerrymandered in 1994."
GoRedGoBlue
Heisman

Postby Mike Damone » Mon Aug 11, 2003 11:57 am

GoRed,

Arkansas won a national championship in basketball and was runner-up the following year. The team was entirely made up of sophmores and juniors, none of whom were from the SWC days. They also have played in 2 SEC Championship games in football, which is more than most in the SEC.

If that is doing nothing, I hope SMU can do nothing in the years to come.
The attitude dictates that you don't care whether she comes, stays, lays, or prays. I mean whatever happens, your toes are still tappin'. Now when you got that, then you have the attitude.

-Me
Mike Damone
All-American

Postby MizterTea » Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:09 pm

you suckas talking that jibba jabba bout the Big 12 South... ABC will sums it up best

the ut/am game and the neb/colorado game times have been switched and the South gets the better time slot...

nuff said suckas!
First name \"Mister\"
Middle name \"Period\"
Last name.... \"T\"
MizterTea
Varsity

Postby Mike Damone » Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:14 pm

Tea-
Watched Rocky III yesterday on TNT. Great performance. Still can't believe it wasn't nominated for an Academy Award.

Why don't you bring Face and Murdock to a game this year? Imagaine the sorority girls Face would get on the Boulevard.
The attitude dictates that you don't care whether she comes, stays, lays, or prays. I mean whatever happens, your toes are still tappin'. Now when you got that, then you have the attitude.

-Me
Mike Damone
All-American

Postby Dooby » Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:21 pm

T, your performance in DC Cab always brings a tear to my eye.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Dooby
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby MizterTea » Mon Aug 11, 2003 1:38 pm

aw shucks !

[This message has been edited by MizterTea (edited 08-11-2003).]

[This message has been edited by MizterTea (edited 08-11-2003).]
First name \"Mister\"
Middle name \"Period\"
Last name.... \"T\"
MizterTea
Varsity

Postby MrMustang1965 » Mon Aug 11, 2003 2:15 pm

Mister T:
I still think you rocked on "The A-Team"!

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!" S.M.U. SPIRIT: IT STARTS NOW!
MrMustang1965

Postby gostangs » Mon Aug 11, 2003 4:11 pm

Yeah, if George Peppard hadn't gotten all the glory, T would have won an Emmy for sure!!
gostangs

Postby Pony_Fan » Mon Aug 11, 2003 4:23 pm

Dan Patrick on ESPN talking about Baylor and how SMU was killed by the death penalty..said we never came back...Said NCAA will never do that again and learned their mistake.

Asked why Baylor can't win even paying players.
Pony_Fan

Return to Football