PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Joe Sturdivant

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Joe Sturdivant

Postby Hoop Fan » Tue Aug 12, 2003 1:31 pm

If any of you haven't read about Joe Sturdivant in the Recruiting Roundup page, you need to. Its a sad story losing his dad, former Mustang, the way he did, but this
kid sounds like he will play so hard and so well that his dad might just hear the cheers in Ford Stadium from heaven.
Hoop Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Joe Sturdivant

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 12, 2003 2:00 pm

Very inspiring guy. It would be nearly impossible to not cheer for a guy like this. I'll support him even if he never gets on the field .... but somehow I have the sense that it will be hard to keep him off the field.

Postby 93Mustang » Tue Aug 12, 2003 2:35 pm

Especially if he knows the proper angles of pursuit to track down a RB who has broken through the defensive line unlike our safeties last season. Safety had to be one of our worst positions last year. I'm hoping Bennett fixes it.
93Mustang
Junior Varsity

Postby Dement-ed » Tue Aug 12, 2003 4:57 pm

The Recruiting Roundup makes him sound extremely impressive. I'm looking forward to seeing him play.
HOORAY, BEER!
Dement-ed
All-American

Postby MrMustang1965 » Tue Aug 12, 2003 5:45 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing this kid play at SMU! Another 'legacy' on this year's team!

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!" S.M.U. SPIRIT: IT STARTS NOW!
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football