PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Tech Board

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Tech Board

Postby Mike Damone » Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:39 am

A little banter going on between fans. One of my Tech friends sent me this link.

<A HREF="http://insiders6.ezboard.com/fraiderpowerfrm2.showMessage?topicID=11265.topic" TARGET=_blank>http://insiders6.ezboard.com/fraiderpowerfrm2.showMessage?topicID=11265.topic</A>
The attitude dictates that you don't care whether she comes, stays, lays, or prays. I mean whatever happens, your toes are still tappin'. Now when you got that, then you have the attitude.

-Me
Mike Damone
All-American

Re: Tech Board

Postby gostangs » Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:24 pm

The supposed SMU poster is not for real. Nobody is that obnoxious. The comedy is that they are buying it.
gostangs
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby WreckEm16 » Wed Aug 13, 2003 2:52 pm

That's what I thought, but now there's a guy on MustangManiacs claiming responsibility.

Hopefully this is a joke and not a real SMU fan.

------------------
And when I die
You can bury me
In Lubbock, Texas,
In my jeans.

-Mac Davis
And when I die<BR>You can bury me<BR>In Lubbock, Texas,<BR>In my jeans.<P>-Mac Davis
WreckEm16
Junior Varsity

Postby Hoofbeat83 » Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:13 pm

this is why we need to be in a regional conference...it's FUN!

can't wait to go to the tech game with my best friend who is a tech fan. we're already having a lot of fun. i keep telling him we have the cuter horse and he keeps telling me, yeah, it's cute, for a kid's pony ride or a circus.

LOL! all in good fun.
I root for: Mustangs, Astros & Jets!
Hoofbeat83
All-American

Postby Mike Damone » Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:45 pm

Who is on mustangmaniacs claiming anything about it? That board is dead.
The attitude dictates that you don't care whether she comes, stays, lays, or prays. I mean whatever happens, your toes are still tappin'. Now when you got that, then you have the attitude.

-Me
Mike Damone
All-American

Postby DiamondM » Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:57 pm

Paul Hugg, aka MustangPaul on the Tech Board, is a "usual" poster on the mustangmaniacs board. He and his buddy Rodeo with their incessant discussion of rush and the notches on their bedposts have been unreadable material on that board for a while.
DiamondM
Heisman

Postby EastStang » Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:59 pm

I loved the guy who said, "It wasn't nice when you were a kid to pick on the kids on the short bus." I suspect that it was Paul Hugg of MManiac fame who went on to give them a little fun as MustangPaul. Whats so funny is how easily they fell for the spoof?
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby KnuckleStang » Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:00 pm

He signed his name on his first post, and I do indeed recognize it as a poster from the MM board.

I actually read the whole TT thread, and had to change my pants afterward. Talk about pressing people's buttons...the whole "yachting regalia" charade is pure genius, I must say.
KnuckleStang
Hall of Famer

Postby KnuckleStang » Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:07 pm

Also, you're right on, Hoofbeat about the regional conference thing. Classless as that thread may be, it is undeniably fun, and it's hard to imagine such a "spirited exchange" on the San Jose St. board.

[This message has been edited by KnuckleStang (edited 08-13-2003).]

[This message has been edited by KnuckleStang (edited 08-13-2003).]
KnuckleStang
Hall of Famer

Postby Hoofbeat83 » Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:14 pm

you read my mind, knuckle. i was thinking after i wrote that that i've only met one person in my life who went to san jose state, and i lived in LA for 6 years!

also agree that the thread brings out the worst in our 'fans', but at least it's something to get the techsters excited about with respect to the game.
I root for: Mustangs, Astros & Jets!
Hoofbeat83
All-American

Postby Sam I Am » Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:28 pm

I really enjoyed reading the Tech board to see how stirred up they were by Paul Hugg's clever raid on their board. I only wish the Rich Alum would attack them a bit too with his rich boy routine. Frankly, I think that our series with Texas Tick could become like the games we used to play with Arkansas when we used to win upset victories over the Hogs again and again. Give Coach Bennet for being familiar with the Tech teams from his days in the Big 12 at KSU. We may have out best chance against Big 12 schools that he has scouted in the past.
Sam I Am
Sam I Am
Hall of Famer

Postby FloridaMustang » Wed Aug 13, 2003 6:58 pm

Wow.. MustangPaul is ****ing gay. Lol.. I was with him until he started with the fraternity smack. Tell me he's joking!

The Tech fans are saying that we only have two fans.. why don't well all register over there and talk some real smack.

[This message has been edited by UNFMustang06 (edited 08-13-2003).]
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby gostangs » Thu Aug 14, 2003 12:32 am

post a few over there - realistic stuff of course - no embarrassing Frat b.s. We are collectively not afraid of Tech - this may or may not be our year to surprise them, but they are not that big a deal - the Big 12 underachievers.
gostangs

Postby WreckEm16 » Thu Aug 14, 2003 3:28 am

goStangs, please explain how we underachieve. We're constantly going to bowl games and are continually competing for the Big XII South, all with the second lowest budget in the conference. I eagerly await your reasoning.

I'd also be interested in what was "clever" about some idiot posting like an inbred fratboy yachting p*ssy, whether he was acting the part or not.

At very least, I will admit that it's more fun talking smack with SMU fans than NCState or Ole Miss fans. Another reason for a more regional conference for SMU.

------------------
And when I die
You can bury me
In Lubbock, Texas,
In my jeans.

-Mac Davis
And when I die<BR>You can bury me<BR>In Lubbock, Texas,<BR>In my jeans.<P>-Mac Davis
WreckEm16
Junior Varsity

Postby Grider » Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:24 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mike Damone:
<B>A little banter going on between fans. One of my Tech friends sent me this link.

<A HREF="http://insiders6.ezboard.com/fraiderpowerfrm2.showMessage?topicID=11265.topic" TARGET=_blank>http://insiders6.ezboard.com/fraiderpowerfrm2.showMessage?topicID=11265.topic</A>

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess they pulled this thread. I personally thought it was hilarious. I was looking forward to checking it out again today. To whomever took it serious...the jokes on you.

[This message has been edited by Grider (edited 08-14-2003).]
... _ _ .._
Grider
All-American

Next

Return to Football