PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Frogs

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Frogs

Postby Mike Damone » Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:28 pm

And I'm not talking about the French.

Whining about Bennett....

<A HREF="http://www.killerfrogs.com/forums2/index.php?act=ST&f=4&t=9455&s=d9c0cc23084ad351741a2b54e37674bd" TARGET=_blank>http://www.killerfrogs.com/forums2/index.php?act=ST&f=4&t=9455&s=d9c0cc23084ad351741a2b54e37674bd</A>
The attitude dictates that you don't care whether she comes, stays, lays, or prays. I mean whatever happens, your toes are still tappin'. Now when you got that, then you have the attitude.

-Me
Mike Damone
All-American

Re: Frogs

Postby Pony Fan » Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:35 pm

The toad fans are still just SMU wannabees. They don't talk much about us beating them twenty something years in a row until we got the death penalty. The comment about us cheating is laughable when Wacker blew the whistle on themselves when he knew the NCAA was on their heels. Ask one of them about [deleted] Lowe and see what they say.
Pony Fan
Heisman

Postby Hoofbeat83 » Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:38 pm

the really amazing one is the guy that says that "(smu) will try anything to be mentioned in the same breath as tcu". talk about delusional. i've been doing battle with this ridiculous utah state guy on the WAC board, but this guy is right here in the metroplex! beware on the streets of D/FW!
I root for: Mustangs, Astros & Jets!
Hoofbeat83
All-American

Postby DallasFrog » Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:53 pm

Wannabe what? Last place in the WAC? Give me a break.

Sure you beat the hell out of us before you got busted, congrats, you had the best players money could bye. Last I checked, we now lead the overall series, so for the most part our 2 programs are close to even over the last 80 years.

Congrats on the new coach, stadium, and recruiting classes, all frogs hope you turn things around. But the truth is, over the last 4 years, you haven't been on the same level as us, period.
DallasFrog
Scout Team

Postby Hoofbeat83 » Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:56 pm

coach was right! a poliwog spy on our board!
I root for: Mustangs, Astros & Jets!
Hoofbeat83
All-American

Postby gostangs » Wed Aug 13, 2003 5:30 pm

Wacker was just as bad as our idiot cheaters - Frogie denial on this is just dilusinal. The proof is always on the field after all, but to me it looks like the toads 15 minutes is just about up, and we have the start of something exciting - finally.
gostangs
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Stampede » Wed Aug 13, 2003 5:45 pm

All SMU had to do was "shut down" their program for 14 years for the toads to catch up!! Good lord....SMU wannabees and Dallas wannabees.
SMU...2nd to None
Stampede
All-American

Postby DallasFrog » Wed Aug 13, 2003 6:50 pm

Well, we caught up and have taken the lead.

I still enjoy the wannabe comment, what league is SMU trying to get in right now? Last I checked, we enjoy 10 wins rather than 10 over the last 3 years. 138 - 23 over the last 4 years. 5 Bowls to 0 Bowls over the last 5. Explain the why the hell we'd want to be like you guys???

Like I said, we hope you turn your program around so our rivalry gets back to where it should be. 62 - 7 was a helluva alot of fun, but it doesn't make the skillet to worth it. Again, you've got a great stadium, great coach (I actually played for PB), solid recruiting classes, now let's see if you can immulate some of what we've done across the metroplex.

Until then, you're still our cross town whipping boys, and we'll look forward to seeing you in November.
DallasFrog
Scout Team

Postby Pony Fan » Wed Aug 13, 2003 6:56 pm

DallasFrog, are you actually saying that when we beat you twenty something years in a row, that we were cheating and you weren't? That is indeed dilusional. Let's talk about Egypt Allen, Kenneth Davis, Tony Jeffrey, Gary Spann, Gerald Taylor, Anthony Gulley, etc. There is no question that you have beat our brains out the last few years, but let's DON'T forget we beat you in 1998 and then you lucked in to getting LT (who by the way, wanted to come here but under our stupid rules, we could not get him in school and that is the TRUTH) and you got good. Coach Fran was great for TCU and Patterson appears to be keeping it up. Eric Hyman has been fantastic for TCU (wish we would have had him over the past several years). But don't get on some high horse that we cannot be mentioned in the same breath as we will catch you and pass you simply because most kids would rather come to Dallas than Fort Worth and SMU is a superior academic institution.
Pony Fan
Heisman

Postby abezontar » Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:01 pm

I thought the series was 38-38-7 is this statistic wrong?

<A HREF="http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/wac/southern_methodist/opponents.php" TARGET=_blank>http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/wac/southern_methodist/opponents.php</A>

[This message has been edited by abezontar (edited 08-13-2003).]
The donkey's name is Kiki.

On a side note, anybody need a patent attorney?

Good, Bad...I'm the one with the gun.
abezontar
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Pony Fan » Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:03 pm

I was trying to find that but could not find it on our website.
Pony Fan
Heisman

Postby EP Pony Fan » Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:27 pm

Series is dead even. No room for either side to brag.
Should be a great game Nov. 29.
EP Pony Fan
Varsity

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:13 pm

How dare them say WASNT BENNET THE ONE WHO HAD A WIFE THAT GOT STRUCK BY LIGHTING! OOO God that pisses me off badly! I mean I might be taking it some other way but still where the heck did that come from! Talking about football then all of a sudden some idoit says that!

------------------
Let That Pony Pride Ride!
Get Ready...Mustangs Never Die!!
GO LOBOS!! THE 66 YEAR WAIT IS OVER!!
Mustangs35SMU
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby DallasFrog » Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:47 am

Who said anything about Bennett's wife?

Uncalled for at best, lightning should strike whoever pulled that one out...
DallasFrog
Scout Team

Postby DallasFrog » Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:58 am

You should be mentioned in the same breath, I never said you shouldn't be. And like I said, I look forward to the time when SMU get's their act together, so the iron skillet actually means something.

Yes, you beat us in 98, in one of the ugliest games I've been to between the 2 schools. And if I have to hear one more time that you all lose people like LT to TCU because of our standards, I'm going to puke. And I sure as hell wouldn't say we lucked upon him.

Dallas over Fort Worth, sure post graduate, hell I did it. But as for the 4 years in school, FW was just as exciting as Dallas.
DallasFrog
Scout Team

Next

Return to Football